Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure would be nice to have a chime or other type of sound occur about 200 rpm below where the rev limiter kicks in.

Kinda hard to watch both the tach and the road under aggressive/competitive driving conditions.

Anyone else thought about this or know of an easy way to incorporate such a feature? :cheers

B

·
0 Posts
There is a company on here that can program that for you. For the life of me I cant remember the name of the company though......

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
big_mike said:
There is a company on here that can program that for you. For the life of me I cant remember the name of the company though......
Thanks. I remember doing a test drive in an RX-7 the first year it came out. The rotary engine was so quiet and smooth that the car had a buzzer that sounded at or just before redline. The RX-8 may still have a similar feature.

I've found myself bouncing off the rev limiter a couple of times, usually in 1st gear, under aggressive driving conditions while trying to watch the road. I would imagine that's not good for the Goat. :)

B

·
0 Posts
actually the rev limiter is there as a safety feature, your not really hurting anything.

B

·
0 Posts
hey, I used to use the rev limiter as my shift indicator.

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwapwapwap (shift) wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhwapwapwap (shift)

lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GTPprix said:
Uhm, yep we do that ;)
I plan to buy a second vehicle shortly, giving me the opportunity to park the Goat while the cluster is shipped to you for reprogramming.

BTW, I'm assuming that this modification won't impact my vehicle warranty.

Thanks! :)

B

·
0 Posts
quite a few people here have it and I cant see how it would void your warranty

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Mean Goat said:
I plan to buy a second vehicle shortly, giving me the opportunity to park the Goat while the cluster is shipped to you for reprogramming.

BTW, I'm assuming that this modification won't impact my vehicle warranty.

Thanks! :)
no that would not effect a warranty. Unless you have an absolute moron for a service advisor.

B

·
0 Posts
ha, imagine that.....

hey uhhhh wilbur? this here thingamabobby has a light that dint come frum da factri. I thank we shuld deeny dis car on warrintee wurk! It surrr is purdy tho!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Heres the way I look at it:

A. It will in no way shape or form void your warranty, it's technically OEM to a point.

B. If someone at the a dealer were to get ****ty with you over it just calmly ask:

"Unless you nimrods were beating on my car, how on earth did you know I have it?"

This will shut them up VERY quickly ;)

B

·
0 Posts
you also forgot to add, the dealer will be so mesmerized by the message "buzzin half dozen all day" they probably wont say much. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
This might be a stupid question, but in stock form, what is the light on the tach for?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts