Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received mine today from LICENSEPLATES.TV.They're too wide by 3". The plate opening area on the VZ Bumper is about 15 1/2 ". I called them and they told me they dont make smaller ones and I will have to trim it....I dont think so, as these were going to be used for car shows only.
Anyway........if anyone else has ordered from them for the Aussie style plate......beware, they wont fit!!!
65.00 out the window !!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
johnebgoode said:
Received mine today from LICENSEPLATES.TV.They're too wide by 3". The plate opening area on the VZ Bumper is about 15 1/2 ". I called them and they told me they dont make smaller ones and I will have to trim it....I dont think so, as these were going to be used for car shows only.
Anyway........if anyone else has ordered from them for the Aussie style plate......beware, they wont fit!!!
65.00 out the window !!

That's b.s..... sorry man.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
powerman_dsr said:
sorry to be the bear bad news man, but the plates wernt ment to just go right to the bumper, you need th eblack plastic peice that goes behind the plate, my VY was like that, its a plate holder i think tey sell them on the site
If the plate opening area is too small for the plate , how will a holder make it fit? Got a pic?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Groucho said:
betchya money they used Euro-spec blanks.
Thats exactly what they used. When I called them today they told me they had nothing smaller.....maybe it's me, but I would think they might have mentioned that to me when I ordered Aussie plates.

·
Registered
66 Posts
oh also forgot to tell you the the back plate and front plates are different in size, sorry forgot about that, its possible they just gave you a rear plate, they are longer, also there are different styles, the victorian wich is the older style that the cars accept, and then there is the slim line, wich i dont think they made the cars to accept

1 - 10 of 10 Posts