Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 gto. My auto down for both windows stopped working. When I push the switch they go about an inch then stop. When I hold down the switch they will go in about 5 seconds until I release. It happened before and fixed it by disconnecting the battery. Hasn't helped me this time. Fuse is good. Any ideas? Switch? Bcm?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a snap-on scanner at my job. I work at a body shop so we dont use it as much as mechanics do so i dont think anyone there is all that great with it. Do you know if there is a test or way to check the bcm on that or is there a certain scanner for that kinda thing from the dealer?? I have gotten into bcm on the scanner to control things but it doesnt say too much just if it works. Says the windows going down. Nothing about a fault anywhere..

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Tech2 at a dealer could easily check it.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I have a snap-on scanner at my job. I work at a body shop so we dont use it as much as mechanics do so i dont think anyone there is all that great with it. Do you know if there is a test or way to check the bcm on that or is there a certain scanner for that kinda thing from the dealer?? I have gotten into bcm on the scanner to control things but it doesnt say too much just if it works. Says the windows going down. Nothing about a fault anywhere..

A dealers scanner will depict code issues. IF the BCM is faulty the scanner will pick up the code, or the code identifying the issue. Take it to a dealer it takes a minute or 2. A reputable dealer will not charge you one who is out just to make a buck surely will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts