Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS is how I would like to see you guys take off when a manual driver pulls up next to you. Granted this is a vette, with 650hp, but he is on his stock rear, 3.75 gears, slicks, and a 4000 stall converter BUT its proof just how well an independent rear can hook and the advantage of an automatic.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
My neck is aching just looking at the launch. What type of times does he run? I ran an 11.5 with my Z06 on a particularly well prepped track. It was cool and sunny out. I cut a 1.67 60' and I hurt for 2 days after that. I figured out why real racers use those rings for their necks or are smart enough to make sure they have their head against the headrest real good.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He normally runs a 10.2 @ 130.

My 98, pictured below, would cut 1.79-1.81 and I always thought it was a weak launch, knew it was capable of more.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you are welcome! Little more practice and you wont spin at all!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, my car looked halfway decent.......

Want another shot?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
big_mike said:
well, my car looked halfway decent.......

Want another shot?
No, no, not your car I was talking about you..lol! I do like your old f-body, they do have a lot more than 1.7-1.8 60ft's in them though. :cheers Got any other pics? :cheers

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh sure, somewhere around 4000 of my car alone! Drag racing photos I have a couple hundred of.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, I forgot to mention that huh? Yeah I have taken over 80,000 photos in the 3 cameras I have owned. Guess I have an infatuation with Nikki, but a perfection with a camera.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts