Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a swap meet last week hosted at the dragway by my cousin and his friend. Sold a couple of things at my cousins spot, about 90.00 worth and bought this timing advance light for GET THIS! 20.00 smacks. Thought I might have got jipped at that price, but tested it on my running camaro. works perfect. Both tachs are running in sync and I have 6 initial and 29 advance on my 350. Both with the dizzy hose removed and plugged. Is that the correct way? Anyway, Napa brand and made in the USA. My goat is ready for the breakin, but not sure all my new dakota gauges are working properly till startup. That is where this timing light and my infrared heat gun will come in handy.both tested on a inferior but sweet 74 camaro Z28 Lol. Just thought I would share this.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
At the Pontiac Nats in Norwalk (first weekend in Aug) they have an awesome swap meet. Hundreds of booths - many duds must do this full time. I bought a complete distributor for $5 just to use it once per year to pre-gap my points (oh yeah- the due thru in a set of points!), I also found a "day two" Hurst pleated shifter boot - with a rectangular hole for the shifter rod. - For
$1, Finally I found an ignition switch bezel (with spanner slots) for $1. Lastly - I got a heck of a sunburn. B-)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the Pontiac Nats in Norwalk (first weekend in Aug) they have an awesome swap meet. Hundreds of booths - many duds must do this full time. I bought a complete distributor for $5 just to use it once per year to pre-gap my points (oh yeah- the due thru in a set of points!), I also found a "day two" Hurst pleated shifter boot - with a rectangular hole for the shifter rod. - For
$1, Finally I found an ignition switch bezel (with spanner slots) for $1. Lastly - I got a heck of a sunburn. B-)
Sunburn seems to be a given. Much easier to set points on another dizzy. There is another large car show here this coming weekend, along with a swap meet. I don't usually sell at them, I am more a buyer then sell on ebay to fund my car hobbies. I have bought several chrome air cleaner lids for a one year only 74 camaro z28. They are distinct because they are almost flat, about a 1/4 tall. bought several at different times for $5 and $15 and sell for around $100. The reason I recognize them is I own a 74Z also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts