Ouch!!! You cut us "slushbox" owner deeply!Groucho said:BTW it's a performance car- to buy it as an automatic is to kneecap its capabilities. An automatic can never anticipate- allow the driver to select the proper part of the pawerban-- like a manual allows.
The automic is only "quicker" in a straight line (and even then barely so)...irrelevant for people who enjoy curves and apexes.
I drive more than anyone here through some of the worst traffic in the country, and I wouldn't trade my 6-speed for any slushbox...unless, of course, GM can come up with a "clutchless" sequential manual gearbox like Audi's DSG.
Well put, Wing.Wing_Nut said:4L65e Auto
- $1,300 Gas Guzzler Tax
- Slightly worse city mileage
- Much worse highway mileage
- Much easier to live with in heavy traffic
Tremec T56 (+ Paleolithic precision shifter)
- No Guzzler Tax
- Better mileage
- Yank and Clunk shifter
- Ability to decide proper engine speed and gear (after negotiation w/shifter)
- Respect from all of the real men on this forum
Either one is fine. Assess your situation and make your choice.