Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Some nice stuff. Can't wait for the shows to start up here, about another month or so. One of the guys in the local car club has a 427 Galaxy identical to that one, '63 1/2 or
'64. That old Pontiac Convertible is gorgeous, maybe a '55? I saw a 2 door '55 wagon at an auction a couple of years ago, I think it was a Safari, sister to the Nomad. Had never seen the Pontiac 2 door wagon before, this one was rough, I'd like to see one restored.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Man, is that 55 (I think) beautiful.

A former coworker of mine has a 56 sitting on blocks in his back yard, what a waste. He swapped in a big car 421 back in like 66 or so but the car has been sitting for better than 30 years. He also has a 61 starliner and 68 Ford XL wagon with factory 428 all sitting side by side.

Funny thing is he now has a wierd obsession with late 80's Mercury Marquis and has about 8 of them......

Gosh I love old cars, if I won the lottery I'd probably spend every dime on old rides :lol:.

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That Red T-Bird is a Ridler Award winner, and it's gorgeous. The 55 convertible hauling Elvis belongs to a couple in the DAPA club - really nice folks.

Here's a few more.

Bear

Attachments

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
That last one a Pantera Bear? Always loved those, imagine a stroked 400 mid engine, that weight would get those big meats to lock up and use all that torque. Very nice show, will definitely be going when it makes it to Detroit. Glad to see you reaping the rewards of all your hard work on your GTO, really says a lot that your garage built project stands right up with all those show cars....:cheers

·
Registered
372 Posts
Was a great show. Some great cars. Pretty cool they had all my favorite cars for the most part. Besides a '70 Lemans like mine, lol. I got to see the beast in person. ;) Saw some 3rd gen Trans Am's and plenty of Pontiacs. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That last one a Pantera Bear? Always loved those, imagine a stroked 400 mid engine, that weight would get those big meats to lock up and use all that torque. Very nice show, will definitely be going when it makes it to Detroit. Glad to see you reaping the rewards of all your hard work on your GTO, really says a lot that your garage built project stands right up with all those show cars....:cheers
Thanks for the kind words :)
Yessir, that was a Pantera - a nice one too. That 64 Cutlass won several of the "big" awards, so did the T-Bird. I had a nice long chat with the guy who built the Cutlass (he has a shop in Louisiana). He's also working on a 65 GTO. He's been having a problem with it mysteriously "losing" oil with no apparent leaks, not burning it. I was able to tell him what it probably is and that was cool :D (Thanks Jim) It has to do with ported E-heads and "most" of the replacement head gaskets.

Bear

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
"Besides the '70 LeMans like mine, lol. I got to see the beast in person.." Hot Rod, are you referring to Bear, or his GTO????? ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts