Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Bear. Mostly stock '67 coupe. Resto started '92. I bought in '94 while living in Nola. P/S, p/b, a/c, no console, 4 sp. Only real mod is the 3:55 Auburn locker that replaced the orig 3:23 when it blew up a few years ago. It's a 20/20 car. From 20 ft away you don't see it could use $20k of work.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Lol... I hear you there. So, no headers, aftermarket intake, or other parts that would "stand out" to a judge as not being factory?

I asked because I struggled for a few years with my '69. It's too modified to show as stock, not modified enough to compete with cars with over the top paint, blowers sticking through the hood, etc.

Then one year I actually read the ISCA rule book and found a class that seemed to fit the car pretty well. "Competition Stock". For the last couple of years now I've explicitly requested that class on check in. (You do have to ask.) When the official checks the rule book, he sees that the car indeed qualifies for that class and puts me in it.

I've earned trophies every year since I started doing that.

So - it'd be a good idea to spend a little time looking at the ISCA rules to see if there's a class your car fits really well into.

Bear

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a pic from set-up on Wed. A LOT of work. We have a pair of '05's, a '65 ht and a '65 vert, a '70 'vert, and my '67 coupe. Nice mix.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Here's a pic from set-up on Wed. A LOT of work. We have a pair of '05's, a '65 ht and a '65 vert, a '70 'vert, and my '67 coupe. Nice mix.
I'm comin' Saturday; looking forward to it. Probably be there around 11. Looking forward to seeing the goats.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, show's over. I got a 3rd place in "Restored". Other members got awards as well. Comment was that the show seemed to be a little light on ttl nbr of cars compared to years past. Had fun nonetheless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts