Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody actually watching Autorox?
The nominees were:
Audi A4
Dodge Charger
Ford Rustang...er, I mean Mustang GT
Corvette ZO6
Chrysler 300C or was it M..either way, it's a luxury car, not a musclecar?

Anyway, it seems to me that they forgot something.
These IDIOTS chose the Charger AND the Mustang over the Z06. Did they even DRIVE these cars? How could they FORGET the GTO?!? I'll admit, it's not the media's darling like the sissified Mustang, but last time I checked, the new Mustang wasn't even a freakin' musclecar...it's a PONYCAR. Where else can you get 400 horsepower for $30k, besides the GTO?

Wake up Spike!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
I haven't seen the show..but..

From what you said, not only was the GTO not in consideration, but..

AUDI A4?? On a muscle car list? What on earth?

Audi A4--engines: Turbo 4 or a V6. FWD or AWD. And this classifies as a muscle car, how?

*shakes head*

At least all the other choices are V8/RWD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
Who cares.... let those Charger and Mustang guys pull up next to my GTO and will see who has the better muscle car. In fact, I just got a new idea for my license plate:

HEMI KLR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
baron_iv said:
Is anybody actually watching Autorox?
The nominees were:
Audi A4
Dodge Charger
Ford Rustang...er, I mean Mustang GT
Corvette ZO6
Chrysler 300C or was it M..either way, it's a luxury car, not a musclecar?

Anyway, it seems to me that they forgot something.
These IDIOTS chose the Charger AND the Mustang over the Z06. Did they even DRIVE these cars? How could they FORGET the GTO?!? I'll admit, it's not the media's darling like the sissified Mustang, but last time I checked, the new Mustang wasn't even a freakin' musclecar...it's a PONYCAR. Where else can you get 400 horsepower for $30k, besides the GTO?

Wake up Spike!!

That was the Audi S4 not the A4. Still not a real muscle car either way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thus far, it's been a celebration of hip-hop, tuner cars/ricers and the overglorified Mustang GT. If you're not interested in any of those things, there's really not much to watch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
LS2FAST said:
Who cares.... let those Charger and Mustang guys pull up next to my GTO and will see who has the better muscle car. In fact, I just got a new idea for my license plate:

HEMI KLR
I like it........ :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
baron_iv said:
Thus far, it's been a celebration of hip-hop, tuner cars/ricers and the overglorified Mustang GT. If you're not interested in any of those things, there's really not much to watch.

Same way with the 300C

Well most the ones they do it to are the ones with the small 6cylinder that can barely drag its on ass
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,356 Posts
Z06
0-60 in 3.8s and quater mile in mid 11's
S4
0-60 4.8s and 1/4 in low 13's
Mustang
0-60 4.9s and 1/4 in low 13's


hmmmm..... yeah sounds like the Mustang is the winner.












Oh wait....


this is the competition for the slowest Muscle car isn't it??!?!?!?!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Just like 95% of the of the US popualtion, Spike and their Autorox's show have no freakin clue. Let them think whatever they would like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
dealernut said:
Z06
0-60 in 3.8s and quater mile in mid 11's
S4
0-60 4.8s and 1/4 in low 13's
Mustang
0-60 4.9s and 1/4 in low 13's


hmmmm..... yeah sounds like the Mustang is the winner.



Oh wait....


this is the competition for the slowest Muscle car isn't it??!?!?!?!?!
No the competition was for most frequently seen muscle car on the road...:seeya:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Either way, Spike really let me down this time. I usually love that channel, but last night, watching the women's network, oxygen, or the soap channel would have made me less annoyed.
I could MAYBE see giving it to the mustang based on the fact that they're a high-selling car, but they're NOT a muscle-car. If I had to choose 4 muscle cars from today, I'd choose:
-- GTO (duh)
-- Corvette ZO6/C6 (either are viable candidates, even though they're technically sports cars)
-- Charger SRT8 (well, it's sorta like a muscle-car)
-- Monte Carlo SS (I'm grasping for straws here)
-- Chevrolet SSR (thrown in for good measure)

And my winner for BEST musclecar would be the ZO6, 'cause let's face it, that's one bad-ass piece of machinery. Of course the GTO would come in a very close second, and it would win my vote for "Most Bang For The Buck" easily. :cool

Mustang GT...hmph. They need to give Cheech his pot back and never touch that stuff again if it makes them THAT stupid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
I wanted to watch it, but I forgot. Sounds like I didn't miss much. How could you choose anything over a 500HP, 427CI Corvette.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only way you could choose the mustang gt over the Z06 is if you're either really STUPID, or too high to know any better.
Autorox comes on again Saturday at 3pm Central time, and I'm sure at several other times through the weekend...but you're right, you really didn't miss anything. If you're really bored, then I guess it's worth watching to see pamela anderson's boobs, but other than that, it's fairly stupid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
You would think that spike tv would have chosen better cars since they do have a show called MUSCLECAR or even Horsepower Tv. I don't like the mustang, but it should be on their list of cars since it is the only muscle car that has acually survived since its inception back in the 60's. other than that the z06 should be on the list, but the others they could have done better.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top