Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weeks autoweek has a comparison test of an 05 gto and an 05 mustang GT. I thought it was very biased towards the mustang. They thought the mustang handled better (even though it has a solid rear axle), had a better interior (!), better brakes (stopping distances were the same for the 2 cars) and that the 1/4 second difference in quarter mile times was a minor shortfall for the slower mustang. i have not driven a new mustang but i have looked at the interior and they are junk compared to the GTO. Oh, well. more car press pandering to Ford.

·
Registered
674 Posts
a lot of gto owners complain about the soggy brakes, the rest i agree with you.

i said it before and say it again, the press is not going to say a five plus year old chasis with a production of 12000 is beter than a brand new chasis with a production of 250m.

when the new gto/camaro comes out in a few years it will be rated better than the stale three year old mustang platform. its the circle of life.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.