Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my names Ian, I'm kinda new to this whole forum deal, but yeah I just bought an 05 black gto and I'm lookin for some help on how to beef it up. I just have a quick question if anyone can help. I'm thinkin of getting a short shifter and from what i've read B & M is a pretty good brand and I've plently of places that carry them I just wanna know for sure that if i get this short shifter that I can still use the stock shifter nob and it'll fit under the leather shifter cover cause Im all about looking stock! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I think you'd be much happier with the Billet shifter. That will reuse the stock knob. If you don't like that one i'd go with a Gmm second. Also can reuse the knob.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks dude I appreciate the advice, I've never heard of Billet but ill do a little research.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got another question I've looked up installation for a new shifter and they talk about having to lower the transmission and to make sure you mark where it was to line it back up, is that a job that one with little mechanical experience should have someone who's a little more experienced help or is a pretty simple fix that i shouldn't have to worry about ****ing up? lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool thanks guys, I appreciate the info, yeah I definitely wanna stay with a stock look so no thank you to hurst haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts