Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's it like to have a baby and a GTO?

I know it's got the anchors in the seats for babies, but I can imagine the pain in my back from having to lean back there daily to put the baby in the seat?

Has anyone else done it? Is it that bad?

I've had a lot of sports/muscle cars, and the GTO is my favorite, I'll do almost anything to keep from having to trade it in (but NO SUV's, I promise!). I hope I can make the baby and this car work.

Taylor

·
Registered
674 Posts
If this is your only car you are up the proverbial creek. Using the bucket to get a newborn in and out is tantamont to child abuse.

If your child is mobile, say 1 1/2 and older and can sit in a forward facing seat you are in luck if you have a good back, dont mind the **** slow seat and dont have very broad shoulders. my daughter was just under 2 when I got the GTO. it was a lot easier getting her in and out of the Z28 with the bigger doors.

once you get the seat in, dont plan on moving it much. it is a real PITA to get in and out.

it was much easier getting her in and out of the aurora.

Oh, one more thing I almost forgot. CONGRATS!! Here is to a healty baby and a uncomplicated pregnancy. :cheers

·
Registered
78 Posts
Our baby is into a forward-facing seat, and I can tell you it's no problem. The tightest squeeze is when you try to get the carseat through the door - you have to tilt & slide the passenger seat all the way forward.

I'm not sure about how tough a rear-facing infant seat would be - you will just have to test-install your carseat and see what it takes to get the job done.

But - find a way to hang onto that car! It's priceless when they start talking, telling you that "Daddy's car goes Vroom".

Good Luck.

·
Registered
364 Posts
first congrats on the new baby and wish you a happy and healthy addition. next there is alot of space in the back the only problem is getting the baby back there. if you get a carrier that has a mounting base the best way i find to get the baby in the carrier into the back is by tilting one seat back and passing it through the middle. Once your child is able to walk you will be set because they can climb in for themselves very easily. Just try a few different ways and see if you can live with it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My kids are the reason I have a GTO. I had a deposit on a 350Z two days before my wife told me she was pregnant again. Luckily that deal fell through.

My 5 year old son uses a booster seat behind the drivers seat and my six month old is in a rear facing behind the passenger side.

Getting the baby in is slow compared to a four door car but it is not a problem. You just have to choose a seat that will fit in the back.

Keep the car and don't worry about it. Besides you'll be the coolest dad at the nursery school!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've put a childs seat in the back, it's not too bad, although the other person is correct, you have to angle it to get it in. Once there, it's not that big of a deal (although my granddaughter is old enough to crawl into the seat herself, so I didn't have to lift her into the seat). Personally, I'd get a different car (a Saturn Vue, or a minivan, or something else that's easy to lift a child into) until the child was older, then buy a GTO again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everybody......I'm gonna try to keep the car. The pregnancy is perfect so far....and I'm praying for it to stay that way. Just found out it's a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've already got a '78 Vette L82, but I really want to keep the Goat too. I know my son will love it once he's old enough to realize what it is.
Thanks again,
Taylor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.