Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a brutal work schedule for the last three months I will finally be able to start installing the garage full of parts I've ordered. 1st up is my new hood tac, see if it's accurate personally don't want the hood and dash mounted tac. But had the original rebuilt still is off, bought one ment for hei, also off. Cheap peice of crap from auto zone works. Few more wiring issues to work out but got most of it done. Then on to the suspension new rear rims and tires and a few Lil things. Hopefully all bugs will be worked out and I will have it on the strip 1st week of January. Went with drag radials instead of bias ply, hopefully that won't bite me two hard.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
... Went with drag radials instead of bias ply, hopefully that won't bite me two hard.
Biting hard ... isn't that the whole point of drag radials? :wink2:

(I run them full time on my '69. Nitto NT555's. They're light years away from a 50,000 mile tire, but my research and personal experience say that they're a decent compromise between dry traction and wet pavement grip.

'Decent' meaning you don't feel like you're driving on black ice when it's wet, but they're still going to be loose, so be careful.

Bear

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In rereading what I posted bad taste of wording. I mentioned going with the radials over the bias ply hopefully that doesn't bite me in the rear-end so to speak. Sure I just will have to dial in suspension and work my on my trans brake figure out what's the best launch point

1 - 3 of 3 Posts