Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have vids and stuff but my internet is still down from the hurricane (on borrowed dial up right now)
here is a "tease" ,these were taken by the track photog.
If you have the time go thru all the pics (there are 561! )

http://lenscapoffphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/941986/1/43168652

youll find more GTO pics buried in the Impalas and Lincolns :)

as soon as everything comes back on Ill upload the rest.

·
440 RWHP/400 RWTQ
202 Posts
Enjoyed the pics, thanks for posting!!!!!:cheers

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok got some decent video now except file is HUGE,lol..
PLEASE download before viewing
for some reason the tower was reading 3mph faster than actual according to the timeslips. my mph was only 103..
http://www.hotrodlincoln.org/sshs5/22.wmv

G

·
If you ONLY pull a 1.7 short, im gonna drive to TX, rip yer azz out that seat and drive it myself and pull a 1.4 !!!

Worry about breaking later, BEAT THAT BAMMA !!! Assuming your getting slicks, rev er to 6500, say a prayer, and pop that clutch like you stepped on a nail at 3am on your way to the bathroom.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
big_mike said:
If you ONLY pull a 1.7 short, im gonna drive to TX, rip yer azz out that seat and drive it myself and pull a 1.4 !!!

Worry about breaking later, BEAT THAT BAMMA !!! Assuming your getting slicks, rev er to 6500, say a prayer, and pop that clutch like you stepped on a nail at 3am on your way to the bathroom.
Nah, I got street shoes... I don't have the 300M Billet c.v.'s yet or subframe connectors (even though I stair at them every friggin' day...) I will eventually. I figure a 1.7 on d.r.'s is good.

G

·
Has anyone figured out how to remove weight from these cars yet? it cant weigh 3800lbs just based on the body itself. There HAS to be some form of weight added that can be removed.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I actually weighed in at 3670 with a full tank,, I had to add 130lbs of ballast to make the 3800lb cutoff.
I have removed the spare tire and assorted crap,fuel tank cage,hood padding,plastic things over valve covers, and replaced skid plate with BMR, also my rims weigh about 5lbs less each (20lb total)
however I also added the driveshaft loop and the xpipe which combined added like 15lbs.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
156 Posts
Man I need some sticky tires... and an auto haha. The 6 speed was just too much fun to pass up though. But 12.9 at 103 makes me reconsider. I went a 1.8 in my truck one time... that was a FUN launch, and 1.7 has to be awesome! Time to build the rear and get some ET Street Radials!!

Great times.

As for the Charger... poop! I can't wait until my friend's SRT-8 comes in. That'll be a fun day.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
big_mike said:
poor guy, he looked like he was trying SO hard.... lol
not a guy..
;)
BECG stands for brown eyed country girl ,she drove over from texas,

readily apparent to anyone who saw her talking on the cellphone while smoking
a cig and yelling at the starting line guy for calling her car a rental..

:D

this is her and the funny looking guy is me at the scariest backwoods bar in commerce,luckily we had a big group or it could have gotten ugly(as ugly as most the women there),LOL..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.