Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having what seems to be a pretty serious issue with my 04 goat and looking for some help. I got in the cat the other day and the ignition was flipping on and off by itself. the battery was obvioulsy dead so when i jumped it it ran fine. but since then almost everytime ive tried to start the car, the computer flips out and wont let me even start the car. when i turn the key to acc theres a loud clicking sounds coming from the fuse panel under the dash and in the relay box under the hood. and if i turn on anything inside the car it changes speed or just gets worse. the only thing that seems to work is disconnecting my battery and putting it back on, and sometimes the car starts like normal. I've checked all my fuses and relays and it doesnt make sense. could my stock ecu be on its way out?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like it could be a security issue. Was the battery dead because it was old, or did you leave something on?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The battery was dead becuase the ignition was turning itself on and off for the whole previous night.

·
Registered
342 Posts
battery.

i'd get a new one and test it out, if its not the batt just return it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts