Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so about a month ago I noticed my car (04 GTO headers and catless mids no tune) stumbling and hesitating and turns out it need the intake gaskets replaced. After doing that the car was running alot better for a few days but then I noticed at first at random times of stopping when I would start the car back up it would idle really rough, and If I tried to take off it would just run like crap and wouldnt accelerate like it should and then all of the sudden the car would start running fine and would have no other issues while driving. Now every time I get in the car and start it I have to let the car warm up for approx. 2 minutes while it runs like crap and then when the normal idle returns I proceed to be on my way. We have a Tech Tuner at my work so we ran a scan on it and there is a solid consistent mis on cylinder one. So we started doing process of elimination. Changed the plug, switched the plug wire, switched coil packs, used a noid light on the injector connector. All of these didnt show any bad signs or change where the misfire was coming from. We think it has something to do with the heating up of the injector and the resistance afteer the warm up time. Any thoughts or suggestions? I am going to replace the injector here shortly. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts