Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the Banchee Hood installed a few weeks ago on my goat. I love the look of it and it is a start in getting some weight off the car. The hood fit well without a lot of work, though it did take some effort to bring the passenger side completely flush with the fender. It turned out well though.







These are not the best quality photos. I guess I need a new camera or a beter photographer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Need some help.....couple questions:
Why isn't there a "My profile" option at the top of the page so I can update it?!
Okay, where do I update my profile? (Is that better?)

I can't view pic's. It tells me I must be a registered member which I thought I was.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
Silver go to quick links and you will see a user control panel. You should see waht you are lookin for under there :cheers nice hood! I really like that hood. Is it effective though or is it just for looks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BigJim said:
Silver go to quick links and you will see a user control panel. You should see waht you are lookin for under there :cheers nice hood! I really like that hood. Is it effective though or is it just for looks?
It is a fully functional ram air hood and the vents do give some help in getting the hot air out of the engine bay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Silver04 said:
Need some help.....couple questions:
Why isn't there a "My profile" option at the top of the page so I can update it?!
Okay, where do I update my profile? (Is that better?)

I can't view pic's. It tells me I must be a registered member which I thought I was.
When you click to view pics, you'll see another "login" at the top. Just use the same name and pass as you do for the Forum itself, and you're in to pictures!
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
83 Posts
I had the dealer install mine before I took delivery of the car. The body shop does a lot of work for other dealers in town, so they have a good rep. The body shop manager was leery about an aftermarket hood, but after they finished the job he said it was the best fitting aftermarket hood they ever had to put on. They had very little prep work to do and it fit nicely from the box.

Only gripe is that just in a few weeks of driving I have picked up a few chips from the road....not sure if would have happened with the factory hood or not, but no where else are there chips, just the hood.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Looks great, I have the same hood. I posted about what color to paint the scoop grilles. Definitely needs a contrasting color after looking at yours. It's less noticable on the blue but still needs it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dan_E said:
I had the dealer install mine before I took delivery of the car. The body shop does a lot of work for other dealers in town, so they have a good rep. The body shop manager was leery about an aftermarket hood, but after they finished the job he said it was the best fitting aftermarket hood they ever had to put on. They had very little prep work to do and it fit nicely from the box.

Only gripe is that just in a few weeks of driving I have picked up a few chips from the road....not sure if would have happened with the factory hood or not, but no where else are there chips, just the hood.
My body shop said the same thing about the hood. Everything lined up on the first try. I've had the opposite happen with the paint though. I was picking up small stone chips on the factory hood. With the new hood and paint I've yet to get a chip (knock on wood).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Where did you get this hood? I love the look of the 05 hood, and recently purchased an 04...black, love the ride, but the hood on the 05 is much cooler. Added Veloche rims and a subtle graphite checker down the door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mGTO04 said:
Where did you get this hood? I love the look of the 05 hood, and recently purchased an 04...black, love the ride, but the hood on the 05 is much cooler. Added Veloche rims and a subtle graphite checker down the door.
I purchased my hood from www.pfyc.com It shipped quickly and was installed without a lot of problems. Just make sure you use a body shop that has some background in fiberglass repair. Someone that takes care of Vettes can do it in a snap for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
roadracer said:
I had the Banchee Hood installed a few weeks ago on my goat. I love the look of it and it is a start in getting some weight off the car. The hood fit well without a lot of work, though it did take some effort to bring the passenger side completely flush with the fender. It turned out well though.







These are not the best quality photos. I guess I need a new camera or a beter photographer.

So what did you do about the windshield wiper nozzles on the hood?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
04Goat said:
So what did you do about the windshield wiper nozzles on the hood?
Mine were relocated to the wiper arms. Keeps the hood nice and clean.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top