Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer damaged my driver’s seat during service back in November, put 75mi on car just for front end alignment. Also scratched up 18” stock wheels rotating tires. Finally replaced seat cover and such Jan 21. You would not believe how bad it looks baggy and folded over wrinkles. I just realized the material doesn’t even match; the perforations in inserts are missing. It’s like defect some are almost there and other areas are missing. The Dealer says looks fine and don’t come back. I have been banned from Dealer I bought car from new for complaining about service. Car only has 3000mi and GM says nothing they can do. I was gna pay my upholstery guy 2-3 hrs to fix with padding but don’t even have cover to work with now!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Holden said:
Dealer damaged my driver’s seat during service back in November, put 75mi on car just for front end alignment. Also scratched up 18” stock wheels rotating tires. Finally replaced seat cover and such Jan 21. You would not believe how bad it looks baggy and folded over wrinkles. I just realized the material doesn’t even match; the perforations in inserts are missing. It’s like defect some are almost there and other areas are missing. The Dealer says looks fine and don’t come back. I have been banned from Dealer I bought car from new for complaining about service. Car only has 3000mi and GM says nothing they can do. I was gna pay my upholstery guy 2-3 hrs to fix with padding but don’t even have cover to work with now!

Did you try talking with the General Manger of the dealership or only the service manager?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Holden said:
There are several things that you can do. THe first is get an attorney. They are bound by the purchase agreement to service that car and fix things that they break. Another thing you can do is go to the media. You would be supprosed how local news groups love stories like this and love to have stories on their evening news about a local car dealer that conducts this kind of business. Another thing you can do is go to the BBB and tell them what is going on. There are lots of options you just have to get agressive with them.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to salesman and service writer, no one higher up there. Then GM contacted me and said don’t contact the Dealer again! I don’t want to be anymore of a pain and can’t take the stress just want some one to fix car.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jacobyb said:
There are several things that you can do. THe first is get an attorney. They are bound by the purchase agreement to service that car and fix things that they break. Another thing you can do is go to the media. You would be supprosed how local news groups love stories like this and love to have stories on their evening news about a local car dealer that conducts this kind of business. Another thing you can do is go to the BBB and tell them what is going on. There are lots of options you just have to get agressive with them.
Ya GM sent me paperwork to send to BBB for independent resolution.

·
Registered
850 Posts
BBB sounds like your best bet. In the future, you may want to try talking with the General Manager or the individual's immediate supervisor in order to get satisfation. At a dealership, most people hate it when customers end up going to the "BOSS".

·
Registered
96 Posts
Try a different dealer next time. I hate the service department where I bought mine. Lying retards. But the one close to where I work is awsome and they treat me like gold.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Contact someone in GM. I went through what you are going through with my aurora. first try the 800 number, while they are jerking you around try another dealer. you are not making a pain in the ass of yourself by asking them to fix your car the way they are supposed to. all you want is what you paid for!!!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Tom said:
Contact someone in GM. I went through what you are going through with my aurora. first try the 800 number, while they are jerking you around try another dealer. you are not making a pain in the ass of yourself by asking them to fix your car the way they are supposed to. all you want is what you paid for!!!

Tom is absolutely right...that's why GM provides you with that number! They want to know when you're not happy and want to make things right! :agree

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
You have a lot of leverage here. Tell GM that you car was not repaired to factory specifications. That they did a poor job and used non-GM parts. That should get their attention.

Also, what is the name of this dealer? Are they owned by Sonic Automotive Group, AutoNation or United Auto? If it is -- you're in luck -- as these are big, publicly traded companies. If so, you can do one of two things:

1. Find an ambulance chaser lawyer and threaten to sue them. The crazier the letter, the better. Stuff like mental anguish. The grief caused by being banned, etc.

2. Contact the local media consumer reporters. I can hear it now "multi-billion corporation makes its profits on the backs of poor consumers."

Don't sweat it. The battle has only begun. Take a little time and make a prioritized list of options and tactics -- then start working from the top down.

·
Registered
454 Posts
GOATGIRL said:
BBB sounds like your best bet. In the future, you may want to try talking with the General Manager or the individual's immediate supervisor in order to get satisfation. At a dealership, most people hate it when customers end up going to the "BOSS".

BBB is a joke......a complete waste of time

·
Registered
96 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
You have a lot of leverage here. Tell GM that you car was not repaired to factory specifications. That they did a poor job and used non-GM parts. That should get their attention.

Also, what is the name of this dealer? Are they owned by Sonic Automotive Group, AutoNation or United Auto? If it is -- you're in luck -- as these are big, publicly traded companies. If so, you can do one of two things:

1. Find an ambulance chaser lawyer and threaten to sue them. The crazier the letter, the better. Stuff like mental anguish. The grief caused by being banned, etc.

2. Contact the local media consumer reporters. I can hear it now "multi-billion corporation makes its profits on the backs of poor consumers."

Don't sweat it. The battle has only begun. Take a little time and make a prioritized list of options and tactics -- then start working from the top down.
Absolutley Awsome!!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Had my car at a GM dealer to have the shifter fixed. They put 48 miles on it and said that they had to drive it that much to check the shifter. At that time I only had about 700 miles on it. I asked the dealer about giving me an extended warrany on the drive train due to the fact that they could not tell me who drove it and how it was treated. Dealer did not care so I call GM. They said they were not going to do anything either but give me the names of companies that I could buy an extented warranty from. This is why GM is having problems. The dealers and GM only care about selling cars, they could care less about a customer when someone from a dealership screws their car up. I'll keep my GTO but because of the way I was treated I will never buy another GM product.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Without a doubt, the most powerful tool against a dealer is sitting infront of the dealer with signs and information about your bad experience. This drives away many potential customers, and hits the dealer right in the pocket book. Unfrotunatly it takes time and alot of effort but it does get results. :shutme

·
Registered
674 Posts
muthstryker said:
lol banned.. haha never heard of that befor. what a bunch of ass holes
i was banned from morrissey pontiac in rockville centre. Why you ask? because i answered the survey honestly. honestly, they did a ****ty job, were rude and didnt care.

i guess they cared when they saw the unsatisfactory they got in every category.

And Im with yellowjacket. after the miserable experience i had with the aurora i will not buy a gm car again. i leased the gto because they gave me 5000 in gm card money, leased my wifes rendezvous because i got 3000 in gm card money....

as soon as the warranty expires, it is their problem. little QC issues are not an issue anymore. at the end it is their problem.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'd try another dealership first. That might take care of the situation. If not contact GM direct and have them call your dealership's service manager, that usually works. Last resort is what some of the others have offered, BBB, TV or newspaper consumer rights anchor. Last resort is an attorney...... a few bucks will get a letter sent and that should do the trick.

JET

·
Registered
8 Posts
Banned from dealership???

Unless you did some kind of damage to their property or to one of their employess, they can't tell you not to come back. It's against the law and probably some where in your initial paper work on service issues.
I'd look there first. Then calculate the mileage from repair centers to the other one you have to take your ride to and calculate a mileage bill for the dealer ship that banned you to pay. These cars are worth alot with low miles. extra miles for nothng just because you pissed someone off isn't acceptable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You might want to prepare a well written statement and place it at the site where GM executives blog:

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/

This is read by even Mr. Lutz himself. Make sure the write-up is as descriptive as possible to the facts without letting emotions get too involved. Oh, don't be afraid at all to mention names, dealerships, locations, etc. This blog is read by many, many people. We certainly don't want other consumers to experience this...they'll be very grateful to you.

And lastly, don't roll over. There are some good suggestions on this site that, if done professionally, should see results.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Holden said:
I talked to salesman and service writer, no one higher up there. Then GM contacted me and said don’t contact the Dealer again! I don’t want to be anymore of a pain and can’t take the stress just want some one to fix car.

I can assure you GM did not call you. It was someone from the dealership. GM would never contact a customer and say something like that. Mainly becasue they coudl care less.

IMO - I would contact the General Manager through phone. If nothing avails. do the following

-report to the BBB
-report to your State Attorney
-report to the FTC(Federal Trade Commision)
-Contact your local news paper. They love these stories. Make a copy of the letter and send it to them 30 times.

Wait three weeks.

Bet they will want to talk to you then.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.