Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to post this in the General discussion for all to see. Yep, banned as you can see from the message sent me from the PY Nazi Moderator named Stuart. LOL

Little bit of a clique over at PY and heaven forbid you speak your mind or get sarcastic with any of the "good ole boys" and ruffle their feathers. Don't even think about questioning any of their technical responses by one of the guru's, as you might think you were questioning God himself. At best, if they find you annoying, but you aren't challenging their authority,.........they simply ignore you as there are two member on there who used to frequent here that they always ignore.

The moderator Stuart is a self proclaimed judge of what is acceptable in a reply and what is not based on........ well, I have not figured that one out. I've seen some heated words that he seems to let slide, but assume they are a member of "the club." Now mind you, I don't get into name calling, or slinging vicious daggers at members. I got in trouble with Stuart because you are not supposed to add any comments to any person selling a car/item. Well, that's hard for me to do when you post pictures of a piece of poop that needs 50K to restore and you feel it is worth 20K, or you try and pawn it off as a condition that you seem to see with the rose colored glasses on and rest of us see the item for what it is. Yep, I can get sarcastic if you get smart with me, or like over on PY, feel your knowledge/experience is the end all to that discussion because you are all that is in the plush garden of Pontiac Stuart hates when I speak my mind. So he has the POWER to eliminate any post/comment he feels is "inappropriate" and he has certainly made a number of my replies disappear. LOL

But when Stuart ads a stupid or sarcastic comment to the discussion, I don't have an issue calling him out on it - and I did, so he didn't like it and I got banned, LOL. The only difference is that I cannot pull his reply and make it vanish.......and I can't ban his a**.

I gotta say that this forum is far better. Those who are here are here to help. I don' know of any who feel they are know-it alls like over on PY. Even if I knew everything, I would still listen and do my best to pass along or explain what I know in a manner that you could understand, and not make you feel like a jerk for asking or get high and mighty as some of the Pontiac gods I have encountered over on PY.

So how offended am I by being banned. Well, it just breaks my heart and I feel I will need years of psycho-therapy and hope I recover. This may have a big influence on me in my retirement years and it is possible that a deep depression could set in and my health fail quickly. Oh the nerve of those guys at PY and the Nazi moderator Stuart.

Should we invite Stuart to be our moderator or do you think we are mature enough to moderate ourselves? (y)

DSCN0373.JPG

·
Registered
48 Posts
Their loss. If they want some big wig running the show who is willing to lose the knowledge others can bring in the site won't last long. Reminds me of some of the associations in certain neighborhoods.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Whole lot of that all over the internet. Conform or get the boot. I don't get it. You want to tell these folks to look up the term "forum".
I get policing forums, but so many lose their minds.
Their loss.

·
Super Moderator
5,929 Posts
Yeah, even though they have a huge membership over there when I want some advice on something I don't already know about, that's the last place I consider going.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
We like you right here PJ,..you are always helpful to everyone and extremely knowledgeable about pontiacs and hot rods in general. You have broad knowledge and a real life time of experience. You spend time helping guys out, very commendable.

This is a good crew and everyone is welcome, everyone. Have an extra beer tonite, and just chill. Like you said, nothing to worry about. I am reminded of the quote by Melvin Belli, famed criminal defense attorney who always paddled his own canoe and made people mad.

when a reporter asked him how it felt to be kicked out of the American Bar Association,..The top Lawyers organization in the Country,..he said...

about the same as being kicked out of the book of the month club.......

·
Registered
99 Posts
What was the thread about Jim? I've been a member over there since sometimes back in the 90's and never had any problems. It might help that I've personally known the owner of the forum (Ccass) since the mid 80's.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for the kind and supportive responses. LOL It is like all things in this world when we began to open the flood gates with the term "politically correct" and all of a sudden everyone had to have a title that sounded like it came with a degree - Housewife=Home Maker, Garbage man = Sanitation Engineer, Store Clerk = Associate, Car Mechanic = Technician, CEO, CFO, CMO, etc.. LOL It empowered the average to become above average and increase not their IQ's or earnings, but their ego's while it enabled companies, suppliers, manufacturers, and anyone who sold some thing to raise prices for products and services while still keeping wages low and jacking up your insurance costs. LOL I am of course a Professional Freight Relocating Transportation Manager = truck driver. Man, I wish I got the pay that goes with that kind of a sounding title! LOL

I hate to say it, but I get really disgusted when I look out at the world - based on my era I lived in and use it as my gauge against what I am now seeing. What I see is pussified men ( more like adult men children) who no longer have balls and squat to pee. Hard work or going through a hard time has them running back to mommy or the psychiatrist because they don't know how to emotionally handle it - they have never been yelled at or the belt taken to their ass. They have had parents who have "talked" to them and negotiated with their needs & demands. Man, my parents told me what to do and when to do it. There was no negotiating and you didn't even think to back talk them on it or it was a quick slap to the face or the belt to remove that attitude real fast. I see kids today give lip to their parents that i would never accept from my kid- I'm the adult, not them, and if they don't want to obey my rules, well, there is the door. We didn't just open the refrigerator door and grab whatever we wanted when we wanted it, and money, asking my parents for money was like talking to a wall and I had to do chores to get an allowance and if I wanted more money, I mowed lawns, rakes leaves, sold Christmas cards, pet sat, baby sat, and eventually got a part time job after school in a department store & I worked Saturdays - because my parents weren't giving me their car to have, only to use to go to work until I could save enough money to buy my own.

I grew up in an era where we had morals, values, ethics, trust, and honesty. Seems most of that has faded the way of "I have rights and you can't tell me what to say or do." Yep, you are correct, but when your rights infringe on mine and you think I need to take a back seat to yours - we have a problem. But, in my era, this never really came up. I think we simply respected one another and didn't need to announce it, nor test it - live and let live. We knew the boundaries and those boundaries were for everybody. Now it seems boundaries can be side stepped or foregone as they apply to some and not others and that depends on the day of the week and cycle of the moon - there is no consensus or enforcement to any of it and it is what is breaking down our society.

I never ever had to look over my shoulder when I go shopping, enter a convenience store, walk down a street, pump gas, but now...........if you aren't vigilant and aware at all times, you may be the next victim. Sad, and its not because I am older - I can still kick some a**. It's just there is no respect for life or property anymore. In my area, we have beggars at every exit or 4-corner stop. I go to my truck stops to fuel up and can't tell you the number of times some stranger walks up and wants me to "help" them with cash because they......... LOL Love some of the stories these clowns have and although it may work on some, I don't have a problem tearing them up and asking questions to blow holes in their plan. They run off by the time I get done with them and forget about trying to ply me for money. LOL

The PY forum is just a bit of an extension of the world. There are good people, but there is a lot of arrogance and those who take over control on a post, and then I get a chuckle of the chronies who really don't know jack, but act as minor birds in support with "yeah, X knows his stuff so what he says is right and you need to listen to him." Had a couple of "over the northern border" members get real indignant with me - and that was their contribution to the post, critiqueing me, and not adding a bit of knowledge. LOL I had one member bust my balls because I was in the "Race" section talking about "Street" cars, but what I was talking of was related to both. I guess I hurt the bullies feelings because I was taking away some of the limelight from the bastard. LOL

So I find it amusing over at PY and its one reason I hang out there at times. I like to challenge the would-be experts who are of course mechanical engineers or Pontiac historians. I seem to throw out opinions that stymie them or cause them discomfort because it questions their knowledge and authority. People hate you when they think they are supremacists in their field and some guy proves that they may not know everything they thought they knew, it embarrasses them - and heaven forbid if there is another way of doing something that they know is the ONLY way it has to be done, period. LOL

With regards to Stuart the moderator Nazi, he is retired and probably doesn't have many friends and being a moderator allows him the authority that he never had in life - because his wife wore the pants in the family. He doesn't seem to be on the forums all the time, so I figure he is only on when his wife allows it. Being a moderator requires tact and an even perspective. Deleting posts you don't care for because you find them offensive or inappropriate, and even banning people as a punishment seems child like. I feel bad for Stuart - he just want to be loved and appreciated, but doesn't know how to go about it. He's got a little authority and control over the forums and it has gone to his head, and when he looks back over his life, he can feel good, because I am the one who has justified the reason for the need for a moderator - otherwise his life might not be complete. So I'll let Stuart wack my pee-pee for 13 days, but I'll be back, and I ain't going to change 'cause I don't play that game. Probably will get banned for life the next go around. LOL

·
Registered
245 Posts
I like your snarky attitude PJ. I have always appreciated folks who are willing to say what they think even if the outcome isn't popular. I say their loss. You are one of the quickest to help out others with issues they bring on here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It is a dead sea on PY and Im looking for new forum myself. Never had issues but then again I dont say much either. Like this platform and people involved. Im jumping ship and will post it on PY too.

·
Super Moderator
5,929 Posts
Yeah, In other life endeavors I've encountered people who seem to have been mostly "powerless" in the rest of their lives but somehow have managed to find one niche where they have a little power and/or authority, it to them it becomes a drug that they just can't get enough of. They tend to attract others in similar situations who seem to think they can soak up some of the "extra" by always agreeing with and supporting them - the "yeah that's right"-ers. I don't have much use for the whole lot of them.

Bear

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Well you know guys......In Nashville we have a song for everything.....

“ I am just an old Chunk of Coal,

.....but I’m gonna be a diamond someday!”

·
Registered
19 Posts
Every car I have ever owned I join a message forum. I try to find the premier forum for that make. I've been in many over the years, F-150, Nissan (Murano and Altima), Chevy trucks, Z-28, and now classic Pontiac. Pontiac forums didn't exist when I had a Fiero LOL. What is PY?

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have been apart of almost every Pontiac Site that cropped up over the years, and they all start out strong, and then the weak just fade away with time.
Performance Years is one of the best and has held up over the years considering it supports an orphan Brand.
Sure there are Peckerwoods, but that goes for ALL sites. If you think PY is bad, check out some of the FB pages. Oh boy, they can be fun ;)
Life is too short and I surely wouldn't bring my troubles from another site to here or anywhere for that matter.
JM2C
Cheers

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks to all for the kind and supportive responses. LOL It is like all things in this world when we began to open the flood gates with the term "politically correct" and all of a sudden everyone had to have a title that sounded like it came with a degree - Housewife=Home Maker, Garbage man = Sanitation Engineer, Store Clerk = Associate, Car Mechanic = Technician, CEO, CFO, CMO, etc.. LOL It empowered the average to become above average and increase not their IQ's or earnings, but their ego's while it enabled companies, suppliers, manufacturers, and anyone who sold some thing to raise prices for products and services while still keeping wages low and jacking up your insurance costs. LOL I am of course a Professional Freight Relocating Transportation Manager = truck driver. Man, I wish I got the pay that goes with that kind of a sounding title! LOL

I hate to say it, but I get really disgusted when I look out at the world - based on my era I lived in and use it as my gauge against what I am now seeing. What I see is pussified men ( more like adult men children) who no longer have balls and squat to pee. Hard work or going through a hard time has them running back to mommy or the psychiatrist because they don't know how to emotionally handle it - they have never been yelled at or the belt taken to their ass. They have had parents who have "talked" to them and negotiated with their needs & demands. Man, my parents told me what to do and when to do it. There was no negotiating and you didn't even think to back talk them on it or it was a quick slap to the face or the belt to remove that attitude real fast. I see kids today give lip to their parents that i would never accept from my kid- I'm the adult, not them, and if they don't want to obey my rules, well, there is the door. We didn't just open the refrigerator door and grab whatever we wanted when we wanted it, and money, asking my parents for money was like talking to a wall and I had to do chores to get an allowance and if I wanted more money, I mowed lawns, rakes leaves, sold Christmas cards, pet sat, baby sat, and eventually got a part time job after school in a department store & I worked Saturdays - because my parents weren't giving me their car to have, only to use to go to work until I could save enough money to buy my own.

I grew up in an era where we had morals, values, ethics, trust, and honesty. Seems most of that has faded the way of "I have rights and you can't tell me what to say or do." Yep, you are correct, but when your rights infringe on mine and you think I need to take a back seat to yours - we have a problem. But, in my era, this never really came up. I think we simply respected one another and didn't need to announce it, nor test it - live and let live. We knew the boundaries and those boundaries were for everybody. Now it seems boundaries can be side stepped or foregone as they apply to some and not others and that depends on the day of the week and cycle of the moon - there is no consensus or enforcement to any of it and it is what is breaking down our society.

I never ever had to look over my shoulder when I go shopping, enter a convenience store, walk down a street, pump gas, but now...........if you aren't vigilant and aware at all times, you may be the next victim. Sad, and its not because I am older - I can still kick some a**. It's just there is no respect for life or property anymore. In my area, we have beggars at every exit or 4-corner stop. I go to my truck stops to fuel up and can't tell you the number of times some stranger walks up and wants me to "help" them with cash because they......... LOL Love some of the stories these clowns have and although it may work on some, I don't have a problem tearing them up and asking questions to blow holes in their plan. They run off by the time I get done with them and forget about trying to ply me for money. LOL

The PY forum is just a bit of an extension of the world. There are good people, but there is a lot of arrogance and those who take over control on a post, and then I get a chuckle of the chronies who really don't know jack, but act as minor birds in support with "yeah, X knows his stuff so what he says is right and you need to listen to him." Had a couple of "over the northern border" members get real indignant with me - and that was their contribution to the post, critiqueing me, and not adding a bit of knowledge. LOL I had one member bust my balls because I was in the "Race" section talking about "Street" cars, but what I was talking of was related to both. I guess I hurt the bullies feelings because I was taking away some of the limelight from the bastard. LOL

So I find it amusing over at PY and its one reason I hang out there at times. I like to challenge the would-be experts who are of course mechanical engineers or Pontiac historians. I seem to throw out opinions that stymie them or cause them discomfort because it questions their knowledge and authority. People hate you when they think they are supremacists in their field and some guy proves that they may not know everything they thought they knew, it embarrasses them - and heaven forbid if there is another way of doing something that they know is the ONLY way it has to be done, period. LOL

With regards to Stuart the moderator Nazi, he is retired and probably doesn't have many friends and being a moderator allows him the authority that he never had in life - because his wife wore the pants in the family. He doesn't seem to be on the forums all the time, so I figure he is only on when his wife allows it. Being a moderator requires tact and an even perspective. Deleting posts you don't care for because you find them offensive or inappropriate, and even banning people as a punishment seems child like. I feel bad for Stuart - he just want to be loved and appreciated, but doesn't know how to go about it. He's got a little authority and control over the forums and it has gone to his head, and when he looks back over his life, he can feel good, because I am the one who has justified the reason for the need for a moderator - otherwise his life might not be complete. So I'll let Stuart wack my pee-pee for 13 days, but I'll be back, and I ain't going to change 'cause I don't play that game. Probably will get banned for life the next go around. LOL
"I am the one who has justified the reason for the need for a moderator"

Just walk away Jim, to heck with them, its the proverbial "Tempest in a teapot" (see what I did there?) ;)
"You need bad guys like me , so say goodnight to the bad guy......" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I appreciate the help Jim and I wish the Greatest Generation would be young again to come back kick these wusses a’s of today and show them what men are really like.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have been apart of almost every Pontiac Site that cropped up over the years, and they all start out strong, and then the weak just fade away with time.
Performance Years is one of the best and has held up over the years considering it supports an orphan Brand.
Sure there are Peckerwoods, but that goes for ALL sites. If you think PY is bad, check out some of the FB pages. Oh boy, they can be fun ;)
Life is too short and I surely wouldn't bring my troubles from another site to here or anywhere for that matter.
JM2C
Cheers
Where you see "my troubles" I see "my experience." Bringing it here, or anywhere for that matter is offering up an awareness in the differences between PY and the GTO forum. It is also a form of a review - something popular and often done on the internet so people can decide for themselves about a product, service, and in this case, a forum.

I can deal with Peckerwoods - that's not the problem. The problem is you can't go against those Peckerwoods or you get banned - that's the point. CENSORSHIP and the ability to ban anyone should not be in the power of 1 person who decides what is a "good" post/reply, and what is a "bad" post/reply. Good or Bad is SUBJECTIVE and based on one's perspective which is an homogenization of their upbringing, schooling, life experiences, cultural surroundings, self accepted morals, values, & ethics, ie their "programming." Should I decide what is "good" or "bad" for you based on what I see as "good" or "bad" for me? If that were true, then individuality would not exist. It would also not represent what America is and the rights we do enjoy. I don't live in a Communist or Socialist country - yet. Following some rules makes you a sheep. Pushing the limits of the rules tests them, and can sometimes find the faults in the rules which need to be altered in making a better rule.

I get it if you are flat out being an ass and using foul language, name calling, insulting, or other INTENDED malicious replies. I would hate to see that kind of thing on this forum, but I think the middle finger Icon speaks loudly when needed to end that kind of thing. But if you speak your mind, and it is not intended to harm or be malicious, I don't think anyone has the right to delete a post or ban someone - its not Face Book.

Here is an example. Someone is selling a 1967 GTO HO auto needing resto. Posts a few pics to draw you in. Then a pic of the rotted out frame. The price, in my opinion, was a bit high, but when he posted pics of the rotted out frame - this should have been clearly stated in the first ad with a pic. The ad said all floors were good, but no pics from the underside. Hmmm, rotted away frame and the floors are good? Does not add up in my book. So I made the comment with the rotted out frame and the need to replace that, the car in its overall condition just became a parts car in my book. So why did I say that? I felt the PO was trying to pull one over on some person who would not know the work/labor to install another frame. One later post honestly asked "if it was OK to drive it like that?" How many times have you heard of a car being sold that was misrepresented, or a person drove out/flew out to look at it only to come back a little steamed because the car was not as advertised? Remember the bogus and cobbled together '65 GTO that was being sold by one of those auto malls? Nothing was correct, not the VIN, Data Tag, or even the body. I flat out hate those who would try to pull wool over the eyes of some guy who has more money than common sense and then finds out later he got punked. I don't have any tolerance for thieves or con men who are that slimy that they could sell their mothers and still sleep well.

The policy over at PY, and yes, I get it, its their policy and I have to follow the "rules" or get my post deleted because you are not supposed to make any comments that are not supportive, boost the ego of the seller, or ask a question. I feel that an honest comment about a car, item, or service MAY stir up further questions and open the eyes of those who are automobile ignorant only because they want to enter the hobby, but just did not have enough knowledge or experience with these cars as some of us on this forum do. Would you let your child put his/her hand full on a hot burner, or would your knowledge and experience of what a hot burner/heat can do cause you to snatch the child's hand away from the hot burner????? The child is ignorant/innocent to the results of a hot burner on the skin - you are not. So in my opinion, and yes, opinions are just like butt holes as everyone has one, but I would rather give my honest opinions and get my post pulled and myself banned than stand on the side lines and say nothing - because I have a conscience and know how many times I have been screwed because I did not know better, trusted the "other" person, or was lied to. I won't apologize ever for my ways, but it seems this nation has somehow reverted to this kind of thinking - apologize and ask for forgiveness from all because we don't want to offend or hurt feelings. I suppose I could have been a littler more caring and "softer" with my comments and instead turned my comment into a question so as not to offend the OP - like "Would that rotted out frame support 2 fat bottom girls without snapping in two and needing a complete replacement?" Maybe Stuart would have been OK with that, I'll try that next time.

I am one of those Peckerwoods because I don't wear rose colored glasses, I see things for what they are, I don't just roll over or ignore things like I never saw/heard it and I don't do things I have to apologize for. I speak my mind, no *****-footing around as I don't have time for it, and in that way you know exactly where I stand and don't have to ass-u-me or guess. I also listen, an art that seems to be lost because no one wants to listen, they just want to be heard.

Cheers,
JM2C

·
Registered
34 Posts
Its society in gerneral wants to be safe and comfortable. I am 54 years old and have 2 preK , one kindergarten , one second grade an one 9th grade. The school system thinks we should just role over and do what they say. I give them crap all the time about their knee jerk saftey policies. I remind them that we have had kids in this school before them and will have kids there when the teacher and stafff are gone. My oldest girl she had me go with her to a pick a part in Kansas City. Some indusrial park huge building but still a junk yard.She needed a radiator and this is what she could afford. They send us to get one that was back in the corner couldnt get a look at it good jjust drug it to the front and trying to get back home. The guy marks it next to a crack in the tank. I said whoa we not taking that, He said all sales are final. Its not off your counter. Made him get the manager.I get her money back. We get in the car and she said those people watching we freaking out cause people dont do that here. So it doent surprise me what goes on now days. These people are just beat down with get through life with little resistance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Shouldn’t Stuart be required to advise the membership that he has removed a significant amount of knowledge from their resources? Does he just have the ability to ban at will without others having a say, just because he got his nose rapped with a rolled up news paper?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts