Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ever get a good look at the mags on the '66 tv series batmobile? nice lookin wheels. I know the bat center caps are custom made for the car, but I would think the mags themselves were made by a major wheel co. from the sixties. they look alittle like hurst mags, but its hard to get a good look at them.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Rick, the wheels on the batmobile were made by Radir wheels. I'm on my phone or I'd post a link. They are still in business and still make those wheels.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Rick, those wheels are made by Radir and they are still in business and they still make those wheels. I'm on my phone or I'd post a link for you.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rick, those wheels are made by Radir and they are still in business and they still make those wheels. I'm on my phone or I'd post a link for you.
ok cool thanks. they are nice lookin wheels. wonder how they would look on an early gto.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
If I recall correctly, the Munster Koach and Drag-U-La and the Monkeemobile (which was a GTO) also used Radir wheels, although I've seen it w/Cragars; might be a replica or tribute car. Maybe George Barris, who built those TV cars (and many more) had some kind of a deal with Radir.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I wasn't sure on that one......I did say 'if I recall correctly'..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts