Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my favorite cars from the 80's and 90's was the Ferrari Testarossa.

Last night, coming out of Tampa, a black Testarossa passed me. I was doing about 75 and he was doing about 100. I decided I wanted to have a better look so I planted my right foot and caught the guy.

As I was checking out his ride, I heard the shriek and knew he nailed it. With no traffic around, I planted it too. I slowly pulled on him till I edged my nose ahead of his car and I let off. No traffic around, but I was now getting into his territory, I'm sure that thing would smoke me above 130-140.

So I slowed back down to my 75 mph cruise.

He slowed down and matched me, then he nailed it again.

I hit it too and opened up about 4-5 cars on him by 110-115 and let off.

He tried several more times to get me to race, but at that point there was no reason.

Definately hurt to beat it. That was a dream car for sure.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Those cars are sick! Too bad their not as fast as I expected. Their only pushing near 360 to the wheels I believe. Still a bad ass car. Not many were made also

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice. Was it a 'Rossa or a 512TR? I would think a 512 would give a much better race.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. Was it a 'Rossa or a 512TR? I would think a 512 would give a much better race.

My guess from the performance would say it wasn't a 512TR. I think, and this is from memory, the 512TR is a low 13's 1/4 mile car and hits 190ish top end. The Testa Rossa hits about 175-180 top end and is a high 13's 1/4 mile car. Either one would have an advantage on me over 120-140.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts