Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share my victory against a C5 Vette. We hit an open clear stretch of road (no cars in front of us on a perfectly straight highway).

Anyways we went from about 60mph to x5x. Yes, that fast and the car was as stable as a rock. It felt like I was doing 80mph. The car has a lot more in it thats for sure. Well in the race I pulled on him ever so slightly. It was a very close race but I inched away from him all the way. I ended up a couple cars in front of him when he gave up. There's nothing like pulling away from a C5 Vette at xxx speeds.
I just love this car on the highway.

·
Registered
937 Posts
BLACK05GTO said:
I thought I would share my victory against a C5 Vette. We hit an open clear stretch of road (no cars in front of us on a perfectly straight highway).

Anyways we went from about 60mph to x5x. Yes, that fast and the car was as stable as a rock. It felt like I was doing 80mph. The car has a lot more in it thats for sure. Well in the race I pulled on him ever so slightly. It was a very close race but I inched away from him all the way. I ended up a couple cars in front of him when he gave up. There's nothing like pulling away from a C5 Vette at xxx speeds.
I just love this car on the highway.
You go dude! The Vette guy probably couldnt believe what was happening. I had mine to 145 and for sure it was dead on. It was interesting to me that the engine noise was so quite compared to the wind noise. Crazy :willy:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anybody run up against the limiter at 159mph yet? if so what kind of RMP and wheel feel were you getting? Were the aerodynamics OK at even 145? I've only seen the short side of 130mph on I270 and everything felt great. Just curious.

·
Registered
33 Posts
First time I got in the car without the dealer I churned that motor up to 140mph at redline in fourth without even realizing it. Fifth gear is geared really close to fourth so I imagine you'd be doing about a little over 6000RPM at 159mph.

·
Registered
68 Posts
at 140mph, i was a few hundred rpms away from redline in 5th. i was going to go ahead and bump into the limiter, but there was traffic about 1/2 mile ahead so I slowed down (takes a while to slow down from those speeds). like everyone else said, the 05 is solid at those speeds.

·
Registered
937 Posts
WRA said:
Has anybody run up against the limiter at 159mph yet? if so what kind of RMP and wheel feel were you getting? Were the aerodynamics OK at even 145? I've only seen the short side of 130mph on I270 and everything felt great. Just curious.
I felt no buffeting at 145, no pull, no vibration. I had my windows down when I did it and it was crazy loud.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Really :confused I just got mine... Still running it in... Only 200 miles on the clock at this point. Yellow with AZA 18" rims on order :party:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just had an interesting thaught, every time I have taken it over 160( not that I have done that too often) I have had my traction control off. I wonder if the speed limiter on the M6 is in the traction control.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Braman'sGTO said:
my question is AM I THE ONLY ASS ON HERE THAT DOES NOT HAVE THIS SPEED LIMITER? Ive had my Goat up to 170 and it still wanted to go
I don't know about the latter part, but everybody I've talked to agrees with the first part. :rofl:

·
Registered
316 Posts
silvergoat05 said:
I don't know about the latter part, but everybody I've talked to agrees with the first part. :rofl:
If that is the way you feel your more than welcome to come out to Chesapeake VA and try it for your self. There is no benefit to me or anyone else on here in giving missinformation, if you want proof I suggest you give it a try in your GTO, but if I do manage to get a speeding ticket for doing 170 in a 65 I'll be sure to post a pic of it on here just for you. It has been well established that alot of you guy's have only had your Goats up to about 140, has anyone else had there's up to 160 or better? I know a few of you have just wondering how many.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Braman'sGTO said:
If that is the way you feel your more than welcome to come out to Chesapeake VA and try it for your self. There is no benefit to me or anyone else on here in giving missinformation, if you want proof I suggest you give it a try in your GTO, but if I do manage to get a speeding ticket for doing 170 in a 65 I'll be sure to post a pic of it on here just for you. It has been well established that alot of you guy's have only had your Goats up to about 140, has anyone else had there's up to 160 or better? I know a few of you have just wondering how many.
I was just phuckin with you. Down here thats a free stay at the grey bar hotel. No need to get your panties in a knot. Thats why that little dude is rolling around at the end of the sentence.....

I live in the most congested county in florida and it's only getting worse. Finding a place to get up to 120 w/o some ******* pulling over in front of me is a chore.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts