Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I chalked up my first "L". It was against a TrailBlazer SS with intake, exhaust and tune. 350hp to the wheels, he said. I'm in an '04 GTO. Anyway I lost the first race badly because I left TCS on. The second was far closer after I turned it off. I think I would have won had it not been for my 280 lb friend in the passenger seat. He only got me by a nose up to 80mph, then he had to let off because we got to a turn. Anyway I was sad and my friend has been giving me crap for losing to an SUV.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Ah no shame in losing to a monster like that, 350 to the wheels?? haha one of a kind! damn passengers! :rofl:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I went to the track last week and there was this "retired" looking couple with a Trailblazer SS. Damn thing was running 13.1 - 13.2 We were all shocked! Then we found out it had a supercharger on it...boy, was I relieved, because I was running about a tenth slower.

Lose the 280lb passenger and I bet it you would have had him by a nose. Not to mention you stopped right when that brick was really starting to feel that wall of air he was pushing...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes I chalked up my first "L". It was against a TrailBlazer SS with intake, exhaust and tune. 350hp to the wheels, he said. I'm in an '04 GTO. Anyway I lost the first race badly because I left TCS on. The second was far closer after I turned it off. I think I would have won had it not been for my 280 lb friend in the passenger seat. He only got me by a nose up to 80mph, then he had to let off because we got to a turn. Anyway I was sad and my friend has been giving me crap for losing to an SUV.
Newbie here. Seems like all/some/most the videos we see of GTO's losing is with a camera guy in the passenger seat. We don't need the extra weight. Nice race considering 280 lb anchor.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
welcome! thats the first time I see someone's first post on another thread but his own! :cheers :cheers nice goats on your avatar. they yours?

·
Registered
40 Posts
welcome! thats the first time I see someone's first post on another thread but his own! :cheers :cheers nice goats on your avatar. they yours?
04' QSM is a freind of mine. Whipped me pretty good in 1/4 (2 1/2 car lengths). I was stock and he had kooks,exhaust, CA1, Pedders, and a few others. My 1st. mod was Pedders Strreet II 1/2-3/8 Drop. Then CAI and Magnaflow cat back. Got the mod bug now. Sorry for intuding on thread.:cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right...

so is my car abnormally slow or something? im a pretty decent driver. stock (except skip shift elim) 04 with riken raptors (puke) in the back and M6. i guess i need to go out and find something completely comparable and see how i do, because anything ive ran has either been as slow as a retarded tortoise or something weird (like the TrailBlazer SS).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts