Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this guy's site out. - www.durocco.com

His project makes absolutely no sense, and he proudly recognizes that fact. :lol:

Funny as hell to read, as well-- check out the "Story" link. The videos are likewise funny-- and well done.

There are good ideas and there are bad ideas, then there are those brainfarts so vile and ridiculous that the bearer of said thoughts should undoubtedly be subject to court ordered lobotomy.
A twin engined Scirocco is far from a new idea, VW Motorsport built two of them in the eighties and several imitators have sprung up over the ensuing decades.
But to construct such a hell-beast in today’s litigation happy society and then drive it to work… that’s a whole different story.

I began work on the car in January of ’04 with every intention of competing in the ’05 GRM Challenge, the monster is complete, goes like hell and is well under budget.

Unfortunately I can’t afford the time off work to bring it to Gainsville so it’s time to introduce Durocco.

The specs:

2700lbs 1370-front 1330-rear
1.8 16v front 2.0 16v rear
250hp should be over 300 when the cams go in
¼ mile unknown
0-60 unknown
top speed 145mph – rev limiter in 5th gears
Build cost $1800

For the complete build story and Vids of the car in action go to
www.durocco.com

·
Registered
439 Posts
i think it's cool that thing is actually streetable, considering he had to fabricate the entire "rear" suspension mounts, as well as engine mounts and axle placement, not to mention getting both the motors and transmisisons to work in unison, all without any professional experience.

I want to see a car with two inline 4's driving a single driveshaft in a RWD car, with dual exhaust and an X pipe.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Not to take away from this guys project but VW did dual engine prototype Scirocco years ago. Was featured in Hot VW.
I like VW’s VR6 – V6 with one Head and W12 2 VR6 joined side by side with one Crank. 2 V6 joined IE W12

·
Registered
439 Posts
Holden said:
Not to take away from this guys project but VW did dual engine prototype Scirocco years ago. Was featured in Hot VW.
I like VW’s VR6 – V6 with one Head and W12 2 VR6 joined side by side with one Crank. 2 V6 joined IE W12
Probably why he did it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.