Griffen Vulcan with SRAM Force/Rival and Shimano compact crank:

Custom Rigid Magnesium bike with Titanium fork and a custom powder coat:

And my most recent edition. Full 970 XTR/XX Rockshox/Canecreek parts:

More pics here:

Picasa Web Albums - alain - Bicycles

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I just got into RC Helicopters thanks to 6QTS11OZ. Some-other interest/hobbies that have taken a backseat was guns/shooting, and building model cars and airplanes. I still have guns and some models.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Riding my Jet Ski.

Couple months ago I rode it from Lake Eustis through all the canals and creeks that join up with the Oklawaha river to the St. Johns and all the way to Jacksonville and back. About 300 miles round trip.

I'm planning a trip from the town of Crystal River, about 70 miles north of Tampa to Key West. If the weather co-operates. Total NM is only just above 200 from there to Key West, But I'm going to follow the shoreline to some extent and will have about 340 each way. I have a little trailer for behind it that I can store food water and extra fuel and it's real neat to take long trip on it.

It's a 2008 Yamaha FX SHO with 215 supercharged hp. I've added a larger fuel tank, increased the boost on the supercharger so it now make about 235 hp. Removed the top speed limiter so it will do pretty close to 100 mph, never had it that high, chickened out at between 90 and 95 but it was still picking up.

I'm going to retire it after the Key West trip. Salt water is tough on these things. Yamaha has a new FZR out that is slightly faster with the same motor and it has a telescoping steering column so I can stand up or sit down.

One of the neat things about my current boat is it does 0-30 faster than a C6 Z06. With the upgrades I have it's probably quicker to 50 than a Z06.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Good thread.

I spend a lot of time listening to music like death metal and black metal, and a lot of time trying to learn it on guitar. I'm by no means "good", but I know my way around the fretboard pretty well... I've been playing for 12 years. Actually, playing the guitar is what has turned me into such a music "elitist" (if you want to call it that) since bands like Metallica, Korn, Avenged Sevenfold, Seether, and that type of stuff, have super easy riffs to play, which becomes repetitive, and boring to listen to. Plus I hate the vocals.

I also like to shoot, trap/sporting clays, 100yds, and pistol. I inherited most of my guns from my grandfather, but stuff like my Mosin-Nagant M91-30s, Walther P99 and Mossberg 500A I bought myself. I just took the WIDNR Hunter's Safety program last year and went deer and grouse hunting for the first time this year, and I'm hooked on it (even though I didn't kill squat :lol:).

Fishing is a big thing for me too... I've got a cabin in the northern part of the state on a chain of 28 interconnected lakes. I don't try for trophy fish, just panfish. I'm a catch and release guy, I'm not in it for the food, just the action. A crappy day of fishing is better than a great day at work, IMO. :)

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
I just got into RC Helicopters thanks to 6QTS11OZ. Some-other interest/hobbies that have taken a backseat was guns/shooting, and building model cars and airplanes. I still have guns and some models.
I'm into RC Heli's too, got like 6 450 sized and a 30 nitro heli that all get a work out.
Also have a 4-wheeler, a sled on and off, and a Harley that gets a couple thousand miles a year.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
g/f and I take my bike for alot of rides when its warm out. Got back into paintball this summer. HUGE movie buff. Video games. Other then that I'm boring.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Snowmobiling, R/C boats(nitro). Building a outrigger as we speak(currently have a tunnel with an outboard. Use to race the real ones) and going to bid on a ARR tunnel in about an hour on e-bay. It's supposed to be new in the box minus radio and motor(see attached). Also, mountain biking. I have a Trek EX7 with Shimano Deore XT components and hydraulic disk brakes front and rear. Basically, a dirt bike without the motor and alot lighter. Need to break out the X country skis soon too.

Attachments

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
going to bid on a ARR tunnel in about an hour on e-bay. It's supposed to be new in the box minus radio and motor(see attached).
Update, I won! Got it for 50% off catalog price. Shipping was the same as catalog too. Supposed to be "new in box", it better be....
:party:

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I'm into RC Heli's too, got like 6 450 sized and a 30 nitro heli that all get a work out.
Also have a 4-wheeler, a sled on and off, and a Harley that gets a couple thousand miles a year.
I'll be PM'n you for RC Heli advice.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am into Amatuer Radio. Some people know it as Ham radio. I talk all over the world on one type of radio or use many of my area repeaters with other types of radios. It's not hard to get your technician class license and radios can be in exspenisve to very exspensive. You can start cheap and contact people as far as 70 miles away with a handheld radio if you use repeaters. It can be fun if many of your friends use the radios.
I also shoot gun competitions and use the radios to contact and friends and convoy to meets and things.

No, it is not even close to CB radio. They are not even in the same world.

Jerry

·
Registered
46 Posts
Gym, bar, and Electronics. And yes it sounds extremly nerdy and boring but I'm obsessed with String Theory and the Quantam Physics/Mechanics that goes along with it. Probably have like 30 books on the subject.

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts