Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just switched out all my speakers, added an amp and sub, etc. Kept the stock HU but now I'm thinking of an aftermarket unit with built in Sirius. Any suggestions on brand, etc.?...........

TIA,

JET

·
Registered
40 Posts
HU Replacement

Personally, I'm thinking of going with the AVIC-D1 from Pioneer.

Flush mount, Nav, XM or Sirius, CD, MP3/WMA, IPOD interface, Touchscreen control, lots of inputs and options. If ya wanted to get nuts, rear camera input, tv tuner....

Mainly just want it cause it will look clean and have nav.

Kenwood and Eclipse also have flush mount head units with Nav.

ShadesOfGrey

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ShadesOfGrey said:
Personally, I'm thinking of going with the AVIC-D1 from Pioneer.

Flush mount, Nav, XM or Sirius, CD, MP3/WMA, IPOD interface, Touchscreen control, lots of inputs and options. If ya wanted to get nuts, rear camera input, tv tuner....

Mainly just want it cause it will look clean and have nav.

Kenwood and Eclipse also have flush mount head units with Nav.

ShadesOfGrey
My son has that unit.......I think it's an N2 but it doesn't allow dvd or nav on the move, you have to be stopped with the parking brake on for it to function. Can't have that as we're changing direction all the time when going out to appointments. I'm looking for something "on the move" capable but don't think I'll find it.

JET

·
Registered
40 Posts
I believe there is a "Parking Brake Lead" which when attatched to your parking brake / Neutral safety switch tells the unit that your in "park".

Simply leaving this lead un-connected defeats the 'must be in park' issue.

ShadesOfGrey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.