Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new front and rear coil springs for my 68 GTO conv. I am only interested in stock ride height.

Which springs are you all using?

I would like firm/heavy duty springs....I guess.....

Please mention a few options...thanks...

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Since you already know you want stock ride height and are not going coilovers, I am guessing you want a stock replacement. Just get the OE replacement and be done with it. Most of the time people are concerned because of changing the height or wanting a much stiffer ride, but in your case that does not appear to be the driver....

·
Registered
102 Posts
I got my front and rear coils from Eaton Detroit Spring, in Detroit. I live close by so I've been to their shop. Same location it's been for many years, in the shadow of the old Tiger Stadium at Michigan and Trumbull. I have no problem recommending them. Pretty sure I've purchased other stuff from them too. Body bushings, core support bushings, etc. They manufacture their springs right there on site.

https://www.eatondetroitspring.com/

https://www.eatondetroitspring.com/make/pontiac/

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went with Moog springs. Talked to a tech on the phone and he hooked me up with front and backs. I have an AC car so stiffer than non and also used the heavier cargo springs in the rear. Perfect stance and ride.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the great info. I will look into Eaton and CSS.

Dcoydad......what Moogs did you use? Part numbers?

I have seen some Acdelco (variable) coils......they seem fine.....45H3095......any good? Thanks.

Eaton and CSS are really, really nice...but..wow....they are a bit expensive....and I need shipping to Denmark....ouch...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought a complete front end rebuild package from Ames - used all stock parts, mostly Moog. Couldn't be happier. Recommend switching to disc brakes at the same time - unless you already have. the disc brake conversion lit was supplied by The Right Stuff. I too have a 68' conv.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Thanks for the great info. I will look into Eaton and CSS.

Dcoydad......what Moogs did you use? Part numbers?

I have seen some Acdelco (variable) coils......they seem fine.....45H3095......any good? Thanks.

Eaton and CSS are really, really nice...but..wow....they are a bit expensive....and I need shipping to Denmark....ouch...
member snoslyd has it right for our awesome cars - his signature is: G.O.A.T - Get Out Another Thousand

1 - 10 of 10 Posts