Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the grocery store today in the GTO to pick up a few things. As I was coming out and putting the groceries into my trunk, the kid that was collecting the carts from the parking lot stops and says, "I love your car". He's not the first person to say that, but this one was different. This kid was obviously mentally challenged and for some reason it just meant more coming from him. I thanked him and he just smiled and went on his way. As I was pulling out, I saw him turn around and watch me leave.

I've gotten many compliments on my car before, but like I said, this was probably the best one. It just put a smile on my face, and I hope I put one on his.

Bill.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
vette68 said:
I went to the grocery store today in the GTO to pick up a few things. As I was coming out and putting the groceries into my trunk, the kid that was collecting the carts from the parking lot stops and says, "I love your car". He's not the first person to say that, but this one was different. This kid was obviously mentally challenged and for some reason it just meant more coming from him. I thanked him and he just smiled and went on his way. As I was pulling out, I saw him turn around and watch me leave.

I've gotten many compliments on my car before, but like I said, this was probably the best one. It just put a smile on my face, and I hope I put one on his.

Bill.
That's cool. Your post even put a smile on my face :D Thanks for sharing :cheers

·
Registered
105 Posts
A few years back, we took the TA down to a local special needs car show. They were collecting money for local charitys that help kids. The screaming chicken on the hood was the hit of the show, it's an amazing feeling to have 20 kids standing around your car, and all they care about is how cool it is.....to them.

I know the feeling you mention, it shows us that there is more to cars than just A to B transportation.

Great story Vette 68....:cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.