Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just want some opinions as to what you all think the best exhaust set up is for $500.00 or less. I want to buy something now but am not sure, or should i just save and buy something better? thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I hope you're talking about a catback and nothing more. If that's the case i've done this twice.

Get a great muffler and have a shop custom fab it to your liking. Smaller the shop, the cheaper it'll be.

I suggest two magnaflow 4x11's, or two dynomax ultra flows, a $30 summit racing X pipe, and stock pipe. That's around 250 before labor, which would be less than $100 where i've had my exhaust work done.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Magnaflow catback,if you look around you may be able to find one between $500 and $600.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Catback usually refers to a complete (new) system from the cat's to the muffler tips.

I had a small muffler shop replace my resonator with an x-pipe, replace my stock mufflers with flowmaster delta flow 40's and reuse my factory tips. The cost was around $350.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had Meineke glasspacks installed for $90 including labor ($22 per glasspack, $40 labor, $6.72 tax). Sound is great... definitely louder but not too loud, very minimal drone, extremely minimal poping (i never notice either, some might). It's maybe 20% louder at idle and cruise, but maybe 50%-75% louder at WOT (it's really hard to quantify something like that). I'd post clips but having a gread dSLR camera i have to give up video/audio recording.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.