Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny stuff that's all I have to say. As some of you may know I'm currently stuck driving around a 300M. 0-60 around 8 seconds much?

Well on my way back to my house tonight, I'm sitting at a stoplight and watch out! A white 03-04 Cobra pulled up next to me. I don't quite know what was wrong with the guy... whether he though I was in like a new SRT-8 300 or something, but he started rev'ing his engine like crap while giving me this grin. Man how I wished I were in my goat at that point. Anyway, I figure I'll humble him and play along so he'll leave me alone.

The light goes green, and I take off beautifully, even jumping out in front of him by about 3-4 cars because he couldn't even get traction. He finally get trac and comes flying up next to me, we were around I guess like 40-50, and this guy is now of course pulling in front of me. All of a sudden, as he's trying to shift... I just flew out in front of him. It didn't seem like a missed shift, it seemed more like his engine stalled.

Was great, I continued on up to 80 with like 10+ cars on him, and cut it off. At the next light he wouldnt even roll down his window so I could ask him what happened. He just had a pissed off look on his face and went flying off when the light turned green.

I can now officially say I killed a Cobra in my little 300M

·
Registered
222 Posts
:rofl: Now don't say this kill is making you think of buying some SRT-8 incarnation instead of a GTO ... ;)

Also maybe a bonus point for another A4...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Makes all of us 'Stang drivers look like pricks. Even i'll say good kill on that one, don't buy a car if you can't drive it. :cheers Of course us II owners are a bit different, understand.

·
Registered
83 Posts
RiceEater said:
but he started rev'ing his engine like crap while giving me this grin.
If all there is to racing.....was a revving engine,then we would be dominated by the Slowstang :lol: ......Good One....Speedy Returns to your next GOAT! :cheers

·
Registered
356 Posts
Goatacular said:
If all there is to racing.....was a revving engine,then we would be dominated by the Slowstang :lol:
VROOMburbleburbleburbleVROOMVROOMburbleburble... :lol:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Xcommuter said:
:rofl: Now don't say this kill is making you think of buying some SRT-8 incarnation instead of a GTO ... ;)

Also maybe a bonus point for another A4...
Nah I'm not worried about having an M6 and the whole stalling/missing shift thing... I actually know how to drive manual. This kid however looked like he had just bought the Cobra that day and was trading up from an auto civic... and so he had no clue what a clutch was.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And lol no way. A goat would blow an SRT-8 out of the water in my opinion. Even the gay new Charger SRT-8's won't compare.

·
Registered
356 Posts
RiceEater said:
This kid however looked like he had just bought the Cobra that day and was trading up from an auto civic... and so he had no clue what a clutch was.
OUCH! Poor Cobra! :willy:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Camshaft said:
OUCH! Poor Cobra! :willy:
Hah! I know. If there is one thing I can say about Cobra's it would be they are the ONLY modern Mustang I respect. Like I've said though, the fact that they run off a 4.6L with a S/C from the factory hurts them A LOT.

Ford needs to get off their asses and make an engine that actually hauls, but that hasn't ever happened before so why change a formula that works so well I guess?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Actually, the 4.6 is far from "maxed out" with the blower. With a completely balanced rotating assembly, forged internals, upgraded fuel system, bumping up the PSI on the blower, modifications to the computer, etc. people are getting some BIG numbers. A couple years back in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine and 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords magazine,750+ HP Cobras would show up in every issue. I haven't looked in a while, I canceled my supscriptions to both because of their ignorant and baseless hatred for the IIs.

·
Registered
356 Posts
RiceEater said:
Oh yeah I know about the Cobra's and big numbers... but what if you do all the same for the goat? Possibilities...
Why do you think I want one? ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
RiceEater said:
And lol no way. A goat would blow an SRT-8 out of the water in my opinion. Even the gay new Charger SRT-8's won't compare.
Interested to see the new 6.1 litre Hemi out next year, 420 factory claimed HP....but they are a couple of cheese sandwiches heavier than us :cheers

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I had a 94 Chevy Corsica as a beater. It had the 160hp 3.1 V6. I found an intake for it and changed the plugs and wires, but mostly it was a winter beater. I was with a friend on my way back from lunch, stopped at a light, when a Chrysler 300m stops behind me, backs up and pulls beside me. I look at my friend and he looks at me with this look of you gotta take him. Both cars are real low 8 high 7 second 0-60. When the light turned green we both hit it.In most of first he took me, but towards the top of 1st and most of the way through second I gained and started to pass him. The problem was a guy in a 99 or 01 Cobra had turned onto the road at the light where we were stopped. He was in my lane and going 40-45 mph (speed limit) and I was closing fast (brakes on a 94 Corsica are $14 for rotors and $10 for pads and work slightly better than drum brakes). I had to hit the brakes or hit the Cobra. The joke became I woulda beat a 300M with my Corsica, if I didn't have to brake for a Mustang Cobra.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Goatacular said:
Interested to see the new 6.1 litre Hemi out next year, 420 factory claimed HP....but they are a couple of cheese sandwiches heavier than us :cheers
Yeah, roughly 500-600 lbs heavier. That and their aerodynamics.... well... aren't the best.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fergyflyer said:
I had a 94 Chevy Corsica as a beater. It had the 160hp 3.1 V6. I found an intake for it and changed the plugs and wires, but mostly it was a winter beater. I was with a friend on my way back from lunch, stopped at a light, when a Chrysler 300m stops behind me, backs up and pulls beside me. I look at my friend and he looks at me with this look of you gotta take him. Both cars are real low 8 high 7 second 0-60. When the light turned green we both hit it.In most of first he took me, but towards the top of 1st and most of the way through second I gained and started to pass him. The problem was a guy in a 99 or 01 Cobra had turned onto the road at the light where we were stopped. He was in my lane and going 40-45 mph (speed limit) and I was closing fast (brakes on a 94 Corsica are $14 for rotors and $10 for pads and work slightly better than drum brakes). I had to hit the brakes or hit the Cobra. The joke became I woulda beat a 300M with my Corsica, if I didn't have to brake for a Mustang Cobra.
Pfft we'll have to meet up. I'll take out your Corsica with my 300 and then I'll move on to killing your GTO even! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
356 Posts
fergyflyer said:
It was probably a 3.8 with Cobra badges. :lol:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts