Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a LM 1. It does have a resonance. It is loud. But it sure as hell sounds great. I instantly noticed the engine seemed to rev more freely with the x-pipe.

As far as other exhausts, I can't really see any system making more performance than the other. It's really just the x-pipe you're looking for. So if you want to save money, just get one of those installed at a muffler shop. And If you want it loud, hack off those mufflers. You'll loose some weight too. I all comes down to taste and personal preference.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
i don't think you'll see a meaningful HP difference in any free flowing exhaust. you'll have to research tho because some like the flowmaster haven't mastered the flow :). one muffler place told me a bolt on muffler would give me 60 HP. i left immediately. i'd be just as leary of manufacturer's claims. magnaflow, borla, SLP, spintech and others flow well. what you decide will be more about the price and sound then.

·
Registered
78 Posts
jacobyb said:
Corsa Sport. Zero interior resonance, great sound, 100% better flow over stock.
+1
Corsa Sport is the best catback Exhaust you can buy for a GTO. But it is very expensive. But the Sport Exhaust is 100% free flowing. You can look straight through the muffler from one end to the other. What's so great is the exhaust is whisper quiet at cruise speed (which is great for a free flowing exhaust).
But the exhaust has a nice rumble at idle and sound mean when you put your foot to the floor.

Here's a very short clip of the Corsa Sport. Mostly at idle with a couple 3k revs
http://media.putfile.com/Corsa-94

·
Registered
337 Posts
summerwolf said:
they also say the gto comes with a 3.5 liter v6....

:eek:
Yeah, who knew they came with a V6? Kinda makes you wonder about the company. Probably some geek that programmed the website.

·
Registered
50 Posts
BLACK05GTO said:
+1
Corsa Sport is the best catback Exhaust you can buy for a GTO. But it is very expensive. But the Sport Exhaust is 100% free flowing. You can look straight through the muffler from one end to the other. What's so great is the exhaust is whisper quiet at cruise speed (which is great for a free flowing exhaust).
But the exhaust has a nice rumble at idle and sound mean when you put your foot to the floor.

Here's a very short clip of the Corsa Sport. Mostly at idle with a couple 3k revs
http://media.putfile.com/Corsa-94
I want to chime in on this one... The Corsa sport is a good exhaust for this car and we have a couple in our group that are running this setup on their modded GTO's BUT In response to the original question in this post which was performance gains I don't think this is the "Best" and here is why. First let me say that you are not going to see noticeble gains from just an exhaust.. Now with headers and other supporting mods then yeah. But for the money the Corsa catback is still stock size pipe (2.5 inch). While MUCH better then stock still has restriction. The Stainless Works Catback is a 3 inch catback and very free flowing. If you are going to do other power adders later such asheads/cam, spray, ect.. you might want to consider this.. I have the SW and LOVE the sound although it is loud as hell and it is a good compliment to my list of mods.. Just some thoughts

·
Registered
1 Posts
LS2Bluegoat said:
I want to chime in on this one... The Corsa sport is a good exhaust for this car and we have a couple in our group that are running this setup on their modded GTO's BUT In response to the original question in this post which was performance gains I don't think this is the "Best" and here is why. First let me say that you are not going to see noticeble gains from just an exhaust.. Now with headers and other supporting mods then yeah. But for the money the Corsa catback is still stock size pipe (2.5 inch). While MUCH better then stock still has restriction. The Stainless Works Catback is a 3 inch catback and very free flowing. If you are going to do other power adders later such asheads/cam, spray, ect.. you might want to consider this.. I have the SW and LOVE the sound although it is loud as hell and it is a good compliment to my list of mods.. Just some thoughts

whats a website i can look at for sw exhaust for my 06 gto?

·
Registered
400 Posts
aintmisbehavinn said:
Yeah, who knew they came with a V6? Kinda makes you wonder about the company. Probably some geek that programmed the website.
Um... They did, but not in GTO trim. Maybe they're thinking of the Monaro CV6, 3.8L SC V6.

Yeah.. I didn't think so either...

·
Registered
275 Posts
i was thinking about buying the corsa sport also i've heard good things about it but LS2bluegoat, said it is 2.5inch ppe i was wondering if is make a differance if it is 2.5 inch or 3.0 inch like the stainless works exhaust you could still put headers,and so on :confused

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.