Pontiac GTO Forum banner
341 - 360 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
"Ram air tree"
Freaking hilarious!! (But won't fit on a personalized plate, I'll stick with "RESCUED")
It spun a rod in '79, mom nature took it from there.. As for "how did I..." I haven't. This weekend is the rescue weekend. Is there a better way to spend 4th 'o July weekend??
;-)
Alanjnc
July 1st 2021,

My first post and loving the pics, humor, info and appreciation of Pontiacs. I'm spending this weekend clearing out my garage for a new (to me) '68 GTO. Can't think of a better way to spend 4th o' July weekend!

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
The same car? How'd you do that? Ahhh yellow slapper bars and jacked up to the moon 🤣 but it does look much better now..very nice 👍

·
Registered
45 Posts
The same car? How'd you do that? Ahhh yellow slapper bars and jacked up to the moon 🤣 but it does look much better now..very nice 👍
Yep I can't believe it, after all these years I was (once again) looking on Hemmings and found one as "close" as I'd ever found, and we finally decided (life's too short, moved and finally have a garage space that can support more cars, etc) to go for it. It was in Connecticut, so I had it inspected, test driven, up on rack, appraised, and then haggled and bought it and had it transported. While on the way I dug up my old paperwork (I had to sell in a rush when I was 21 and didn't give the guy everything I had, including the Protect-O-Plate!) and found the inspectors report showed a VIN 50 digits from my old car, but then I remembered his photos, double checked, then called him. "Is the VIN plate original/unmolested (it appeared that it was)"? Yes, Then your report has the wrong number, it should be 277 instead of 227, and this was the first car I ever bought! He said sorry it was a fat-finger mistake on the report doc, and we both couldn't believe it. I never thought it could be my original car since mine was black and "this" car was listed with PHS docs as originally gold with gold interior, but had been painted black during restoration. Wellll, obviously my car had been painted black in the first 15 years (or I probably wouldn't have bought it!), and the resto photos showed it was still black (with a dent I put in it) when they started.

So yes the Keystones and ladder bars and jacked up stance and black on black got me back then, but I sure love what they did to it now!

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Wow what a cool story and better ending! I have a '65 post for about 4.5 years now right after we made the last tuition payment on the last kid. Had a '67 and '68 convertible back in the 80's had to give them up for more important things at the time but exactly 30 yrs later from selling them I was back in business 👍

341 - 360 of 400 Posts