Pontiac GTO Forum banner
381 - 400 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
‘65 GTO, 400, 4spd, Tri-Power
108 Posts
I still love this picture of mine when I brought it home for the first time after working on it all winter, that's my son and he obviously put a filter on the picture.
Nice car! Not sure about the Cuervo Gold though 🤮 Unless hes referring to Reserva de la Famila...thats a beauty ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
This picture means the most to me, as it was the last time my GTO was trapped behind enemy lines in Communist California. As soon as I retired and bought a place in a free state, my BiL drove out to trailer the old girl back to Arizona. Can't remember the number of times I had to pay a friend to cheat the smog inspections just to keep it registered, but now in Arizona it requires NONE.

Sky Car Cloud Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
791 Posts
Mine wasn't a show car like most of these. It was my daily driver for 60k+ miles. Then I took it off the street & began racing it, in '73. Won lots of races in '73-'74, @ our local track, in what they called Top Stock. Ran 13.95 in '73, with hard street tires, & mid 13's in '74, with soft M&H "cheater" tires.

The RA3 engine was original. Heads had never been off. Cam had not been changed. Still had the original Muncie 4-speed & 3.90 gears. The local track ran off track records, which I held both years. Was like bracket racing, accept your dial-in was the track record for your class.

In '73, I pulled it to the tracks with a tow bar, behind a '68 472 powered 4-door Caddy.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
‘65 GTO, 400, 4spd, Tri-Power
108 Posts
View attachment 148751
The 64 Black Beauty Recently Ceramic Coated
Painted in 2006 Black Lacquer sat outside for weeks in the Bright Hot Sun before being Rubbed Out to a Black Crude Oil Finish…….
Nothing like rubbin one out in the bright hot sun 😜.

Paint looks awesome too 👍 never seen black quite that shiny. 😎

381 - 400 of 400 Posts