Pontiac GTO Forum banner
421 - 440 of 472 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Hood tach, of course, isn't on the build sheet. But then again, neither are the front disc brakes, mild rebuild with upgraded rods and new UMI rear suspension pieces. All of these items are for safety and ease of use not available earlier. It is a numbers matching car though - only 3300 made with 4 speed. I just love the Rally 2's though - they are 15" to accommodate disc brakes so the tires are at least 60 series instead of the factory 14s and 70 series. 245 on front, 255 on rear. And yes, since repaint and body complete - can't go anywhere without the inevitable sleeve tug and " My (insert name of family or friend) had a GTO back in.......". EVERYONE know someone who had a GTO.

My wife flat said NO to repaint to factory color of Verdoro Green and I like being married. WTH with that color in the 60s anyway?

· Registered
230 Posts
My first car show with my 69

Attachments

· Registered
230 Posts
Car Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle

· Registered
22 Posts
What front license plate is that?
It’s a French plate, this car was ordered by a doctor in Paris and it shipped directly from the plant in Michigan to the port of NY and then on to France. It actually has a “GM of France“ VIN tag on it. It returned to the USA in 1988 and now resides approximately ten miles from where it was originally built. I can’t tell you how much I enjoy driving it, it just turned over 100k km and the engine was a bit tired so it had its very first rebuild with a slightly reduced compression ratio. There’s some history of it starting on page 4 here: Highway Earth 2015 — HIGHWAY EARTH

421 - 440 of 472 Posts