Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Order it from afterthoughtsauto.com. These guys are great!

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I was curious how you go about getting the 6.0 emblem off the back without damaging the car or paint in any way??? Also, I only have seen the goat emblems in chrome not black but i guess the chrome would match with the chrome wheels pretty nicely anyway.

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
GTOdean06 said:
So I was curious how you go about getting the 6.0 emblem off the back without damaging the car or paint in any way??? Also, I only have seen the goat emblems in chrome not black but i guess the chrome would match with the chrome wheels pretty nicely anyway.

You can use dental floss or light pound fishing line and just go behind the letters and they pop right off. Clean up the excess glue and your done. Mine were chrome also but I painted them black to go with all the other black accents I have.

·
Registered
188 Posts
05GOAT said:
You can use dental floss or light pound fishing line and just go behind the letters and they pop right off. Clean up the excess glue and your done. Mine were chrome also but I painted them black to go with all the other black accents I have.
I've done this several times to remove dealers' nameplates, and it works well.

A little WD-40 should remove any residual adhesive, but I would wash and wax the area afterwards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.