Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I have recently come to find out that my newly purchased 67GTO came with factory red fender liners so I'm looking to purchase a quality set at a reasonable price? anyone know where they make the best for my buck or even NOS pair highly doubt it tho haha

thanks in advance

tony

·
Registered
440 Posts
Many years ago before they were reproduced, an NOS set went for $4k on eBay. $27.50 dealer-installed option if not on the car from the factory like yours.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Seriously, if you have original red liners, I would do everything in my power to restore them or find someone who can restore and polish plastic. All the value that those bring to the car would be destroyed by repops, plus no one will believe that they came on the car.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
The repops are $700 plus a set...a lot of $$$ for some plastic. If I had a car that was originally equipped with them, I would get a set of repro or oem, whatever. I'm not really 'into' them, and never would have ordered them originally, but they are so rare, that they warrant preservation. Enjoy!

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Not the only option. Original sets pop up occasionally on ebay, as stated. You'll need to spend a ton of money, though. Me, I'd get the $700-$800 repop set. Plastic tends not to age well, and I'd be wary of trying to mount and actually use a $4000 set of old and brittle (but mint looking) fender liners!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts