Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
best sound in very subjective, for example, you'll see people that absolutely hate the way Corsa sounds and others who love it

Listen to muscle cars with exhaust systems and see which one you like best

Someone told me my Corsa sounded like a Mustang and all I could think was, "yeah, one with a Corsa exhaust"

Also, to me it seems the general consensus is that an X-pipe is better than an H-pipe, (tho you will find people disagree on that too)

BTW, the GTO sap exhaust package is Magnaflow

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a Corsa sport and I would say it fits the definition of what you want (it's a little pricey tho)

I went with it because it's supposed to have the least amount of 'drone' at cruising speeds (which it has very little if any)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a Magnaflow that I will be changing out to a JBA catback,I had Corsa but did'nt like it.Before you buy an exhaust try to find a car with the one you are planing on buying and take a listen and a ride.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have kooks LTs, kooks catted midpipes, K & N CAI, and Magnaflow catback. I was not impressed with the sound of the CAI and Magnaflow by themselves. Sounded different than stock but not louder. After I put the Headers on. It has made a world of difference. It took a day or 2 for the sound to change. Strange. But in the end. It is the sound I was looking for. Sounds like it has huge nuts when you get on it. And when it is driving or idling. It has a good musclecar rumble. Not rednecky. <<-- nice descriptive word) : ) I would like mine a little louder but I think I will change to uncatted midpipes if I do instead of changing my magnaflow. I will make a soundclip video tonite and you can hear it. I will post it tomorrow.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I did not forget about the soundclip. I just got my Predator Programmer and I am going to tune this Friday. I will make a video of before and after the tune also to see if there is a difference. I am also going to sell the Predator after I have tuned mine so just a heads up. This is an LS2 Predator. Not an LS1 Predator. I paid 399.99 at speed inc. I will take 300 plus shipping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.