Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the following installed on their Goat? If so, what are your thoughts as I plan to upgrade the suspension real soon. I will give up some ride quality for better handling.

STB007 GTO BMR strut tower brace $169.99

HOT-2278 Sway Bars: Hotchkis Sway Bar Front & Rear Set $359.99

EIB-3897.320 Sway Bar: Eibach Anti-Roll Sway Bar Set - Front & Rear $335.00

SPRING & SHOCK COMBO: Koni Yellows with B+G Sport Springs $725.00

·
Registered
143 Posts
dcgoat said:
Does anyone have the following installed on their Goat? If so, what are your thoughts as I plan to upgrade the suspension real soon. I will give up some ride quality for better handling.

I'm interested in the responses you get to this, as suspension mods are in my near future as well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
dcgoat said:

I have the BMR strut tower brace. Its an easy install and doesn't negatively affect the ride. The stock unit was almost useless.

·
Registered
204 Posts
ftlfirefighter said:
Check this out from down under by a company called Suspension Technology Australia: http://suspensiontechnology.com.au/products2.html They're who I was referred to by the guys at Harrop. John Will's is the fellow in charge and great to work.
I'd hate to see the price on those if they are like anything else that has to come from there.

Did you see ...... http://www.noltecsuspension.com/product/search.php?selBrand=52&product_vhcid=586

Or ......http://www.norris-motorsports.com/new1.html
these guys are here in the states, they import theses

·
Registered
204 Posts
diverdan said:
I have the BMR strut tower brace. Its an easy install and doesn't negatively affect the ride. The stock unit was almost useless.
On what do you base this? The function of the brace is to keep the towers frm spreading.

·
Registered
204 Posts
dcgoat said:

I think over all you would see more gain frm the spring/strut combo. In a strictly street use, I prefer just the struts. If you want more, than add the springs.

I'm frm the school of thinking that prefers heavier springs over thicker sway bars. The thinking is that we want independent movement of each wheel. By tieing them together with bigger sway bars, we lose some of that independence. But i would replace the bushings to a urethane and the endlinks.

·
Registered
937 Posts
silvergoat05 said:
On what do you base this? The function of the brace is to keep the towers frm spreading.
Yes, I'm curious too. What the difference between one or another besides an improvement in the structural rigidity?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dcgoat where did you find that price for the koni yellows/ B+G springs? That seems like a pretty good deal to me, koni's are awesome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts