Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

I've decided to give Autocrossing a try. Can anyone recommend the best tires? (Cheap is good too!).

Thanks,

HSV.

·
Registered
730 Posts
i'm running some fuzion zri's on my goat. they feel better than the stock potenza's. the grip level is the same wet or dry or pretty close to it. i think kdw might be another choice but unless you go with a slick type of tire i'd say the fuzions are a good buy. i think alot of the tire selection will have to deal with your personality. if you need a tire to squeal when it's at the edge of it's limits or you can feel the tire as it loses traction. the type of track you run and the size tires you have.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm running some fuzion zri's on my goat. they feel better than the stock potenza's. the grip level is the same wet or dry or pretty close to it. i think kdw might be another choice but unless you go with a slick type of tire i'd say the fuzions are a good buy. i think alot of the tire selection will have to deal with your personality. if you need a tire to squeal when it's at the edge of it's limits or you can feel the tire as it loses traction. the type of track you run and the size tires you have.
Hi Koman:

Thanks for the information. I will check out the fuzion's. I was looking at the kdw's on tire rack last night and they look to be in the top couple of UHP tires for dry grip, stability, cornering etc. The Yokohama Advan's also seemed to be very good.

I have the stock 18" wheels and was hoping to go 235/255 F/R. I'm planning to go to the events they have at Deven's airfield here in Mass.

Cheers,

HSV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts