Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
besides removing the spare tire and jack, etc, what other things can be deleted or changed in the car, that will bring the rediculous weight down without affecting the creature comforts and so-forth. thanks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well, you could go drastic and completely gut the interior an put in a racing seats (passenger seat, rear seats, carpet sound deadening would go...), but then you have a pure race car and not very comfortable. Personally, I like the luxury and am willing to suffer the weight. Let's face it, with 400 hp, I don't complain too much on the weight factor.

But if racing is indeed where you're going with it, have at it!:cool

·
Registered
479 Posts
There are small things I have seen on this forum. 1. light weight rims 2. aftermarket mufflers(it seems they weigh less than stock ones) 3.headers with cat removal(on my s-10 each header was atleast 5lbs lighter than the stock forged steel piece) 4. driver(I'm a widebody this would help me the most) 5. if you really want to go all out carbon fiber parts for example drive shaft.
Those are just a few things that I have thought of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.