Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..............a 66 GTO

Pics

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Love Cragars!!! Have since 1965 when I was a teen and could not afford them for my '54. But now my '68 GTO runs Cragar S/S: 14x7 in front, 15x8 in the rear, love them!!:smile2:

1968 GTO Alice 13.JPG

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you're looking for 66 factory correct, rally 1's are a good choice; I like Cragars as well!

where can i find those, i love that wheel

·
Registered
217 Posts
Beyond the OEM wheel, ET, American, or any number of "as cast" 5 spoke wheels that were around in the mid/late 60s. Another great choice, Ansen Sprints. The aluminium slots that many painted the inner edge of the slot in the wheel to match or off set the car color. Remember, I'm a "day 2" type guy so take it with a grain, or a lb(!), of salt...

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Ames sells a 15x8 rally 1 with 5 BS. I was hoping to find someone with those on the rear of a 66, to see how well a 275/60 fits.
Wheel Vintiques has the 15x8 and I believe they are the supplier for most of the after market sellers,

15x8 should not be a problem for the rear of the 66, I believe Rukee has 15x10 on the back of his 65. A 275mm tire is 10.8" and the fit may be tight, but should be ok.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
It just made my day to see a 'wheel' thread, and the original poster and all the guys that replied have excellent taste. No 20" ghetto hoops here! Factory Rally rims with redlines or whitewalls, (or blackwalls), Cragars, American Racing Torque thrusts, or steel with dog dish poverty caps.....hard to go wrong with any, and they all look very different (and great) on these old cars. Nothing ruins the lines and spirit of one of these classics more than huge rims with rubber -band tires.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know mine is one year off, but I am also a Rally fan. This is one of the few wheels I have not wanted to change on a classic car. It just has the right look. That said I replaced my 14's with 15's. It seemed to fill it out better without going all ghetto. I was unsure about the RedLines but went with them anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
It just made my day to see a 'wheel' thread, and the original poster and all the guys that replied have excellent taste. No 20" ghetto hoops here! Factory Rally rims with redlines or whitewalls, (or blackwalls), Cragars, American Racing Torque thrusts, or steel with dog dish poverty caps.....hard to go wrong with any, and they all look very different (and great) on these old cars. Nothing ruins the lines and spirit of one of these classics more than huge rims with rubber -band tires.
I agree!! I hate to see an old muscle car with 20" or plus dubs or worse yet hydraulics.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Agree 2X. Nothing worse than those huge wheels and awful rubber-band tires. And the claim they out handle "normal looking" tires I think is bull as my wife's car came from the factory with the huge wheels and no sidewall-tires. In the Southern Appalachians, my GTO keeps up with it easy. In clocking them both on a curvy stretch of road, the timer showed it wasn't any quicker than the GTO and sure did ride worse with more noise. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts