Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a dumb question.. but do you guys think that is any performace advantage (fuel wise) depending on where you get gas.
For example will the GTO run better on premium from Mobil vs Shell, Chevron etc?

I put my first tank of premium in at Race Track and this thought just came to me.

G

·
I have tried all brands here in VA and the best performance and gas mileage came from using Exxon.

Although, down in TN, they have this station called Marathon, on that tank I got 440 miles to a tank, instead of 400. That stuff was amazing !!!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
s2gordon said:
This may be a dumb question.. but do you guys think that is any performace advantage (fuel wise) depending on where you get gas.
For example will the GTO run better on premium from Mobil vs Shell, Chevron etc?

I put my first tank of premium in at Race Track and this thought just came to me.
Yep. exxon all the way.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
big_mike said:
I have tried all brands here in VA and the best performance and gas mileage came from using Exxon.

Although, down in TN, they have this station called Marathon, on that tank I got 440 miles to a tank, instead of 400. That stuff was amazing !!!
24mpg? Thats all Highway driving right?

G

·
ha, I was in my cavalier, 14 gallon tank, try 31.5mpg !! all highway, yes, but I was doing 80-85 the whole way. When slowing down to 60, it goes to almost 40mpg!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.