Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know it has a true dual exhuast but that they had to stick both pipes on one side for the sake of the gas tank....have they figured out a way to put dual or quad exhuast pipes on an 04 yet? I dont own one yet just day dreaming for now... :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
much thx....oh and dealer i read some of your posts, you seem pretty knowledgeable when it comes to the 04 GTO, will i lose any performance by splitting the exhaust on the 04 strictly for looks? If so i would just stick with the stock position. And you mentioned in another forum that first mods someone should do on an 04 are CAI, Underdrive (pulley?), and tune. Are those three things pricy or uner 2,000?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not sure about the tune but the pulleys and CAI shouldn't be more than $750, if that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do the pulleys add any wear and tear on the car besides the added speed that any mod would bring? I mean putting exhaust and intake and exhaust usually doesnt cause problems but something like turbo or supercharger tends to wear down the engine and cause problems.

·
Registered
356 Posts
They're just basic bolt-ons. A CAI draws cooler, denser air from the fenderwell as well as reducing intake restriction. Good for a slight horsepower, torque, and mileage increase. Pullies reduce the size of your existing pullies causing the motor to have to work less to turn them. No problem, very basic stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah it does'nt look bad...i was just asking cause i think dual on either side looks sweeter, but ultimately i probably wont get a new exhaust because of money and i think loud exhaust is a bit irritating even if you do get added ponies

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
GTOcraze said:
much thx....oh and dealer i read some of your posts, you seem pretty knowledgeable when it comes to the 04 GTO, will i lose any performance by splitting the exhaust on the 04 strictly for looks? If so i would just stick with the stock position. And you mentioned in another forum that first mods someone should do on an 04 are CAI, Underdrive (pulley?), and tune. Are those three things pricy or uner 2,000?
Well under $2k for cai, underdrive, and a tune, and no you will not loose anything if you split the exhaust! :cheers

·
Registered
418 Posts
GTODEALER said:
Dude this is driving me nuts, where is the girl in your avatar from? She looks like a girl I met at a party here in Fort Worth.......
When I move out there you have to invite me to one of these parties if the girls look like that.
:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
05 Stock Exhaust Tips and Mufflers

Hey guys,

I have Bolt on Stock Mufflers and Tips removed from my 2005 Pontiac GTO when very new. Only driven 600 miles or so with these mufflers. If you are just looking for tips, these tips could be easily cut off and would be nice if you were trying to convert the 2004 GTO exhaust to have a dual exit for the 05 look.

If you are interested, send me a PM. Looking to get about $25 for both.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.