Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RiceEater said:
Looks pretty nice, but how much is it?
I'm waiting on a response to an email!! I'm interested in the 3.3L kit, 15lbs on a 408 stroker!!!!! I'm getting bored and I'm gonna win the lottery this weekend! :cheers

·
Registered
176 Posts
Starr doesnt have a kit to fit the US version of the car, however.. someone here in the states is making that kit a reality for us yanks ;)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Screw type impellers are cool because the air flow is continuous. Some of the straighter semi-helix impeller designs get irritating because the air comes in as a series of staccato blasts. That's why you get that thumping sound underneath the blower whine sometimes...

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
RiceEater said:
$8k... and I was getting all excited about the possibility's of having one for my 05. Well that flew out the window fast. :rolleyes:
That quote may be in $AUS. Multiply $8000 by .758989 to get the conversion into $US. If that's correct, then you're looking at $6K and change.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
b_a_betterperson said:
That quote may be in $AUS. Multiply $8000 by .758989 to get the conversion into $US. If that's correct, then you're looking at $6K and change.
I could definetly live with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, still no answer! :willy:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
When it's 3 Tuesday afternoon here in San Francisco, it's 8 Wednesday morning in Sydney -- so those blokes will no doubt get back to you after they finish their first case of Victoria Bitter.

By the way, a brewery down there markets two beers. One is called Piss and the other is called Piss Weak (it's their light offering).

Australia's my kind of place. My goal is to live in the US from April through September -- and Australia from October to March. Sort of a never ending summer kind of a thing.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
b_a_betterperson said:
When it's 3 Tuesday afternoon here in San Francisco, it's 8 Wednesday morning in Sydney -- so those blokes will no doubt get back to you after they finish their first case of Victoria Bitter.

By the way, a brewery down there markets two beers. One is called Piss and the other is called Piss Weak (it's their light offering).

Australia's my kind of place. My goal is to live in the US from April through September -- and Australia from October to March. Sort of a never ending summer kind of a thing.
HEHEHEH, that's just what I needed after a long - long day! :cheers

·
Registered
565 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:

rofl, afting living in Florida I'd much rather go for a never ending Fall/Spring or possibly even Winter.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I really don't know how they could get it up to 1k hp and make the car work without the drivetrain simultaneously exploding.

I'd much rather go with Lingenfelter's complete engine rebuild set-up and such. I talked to them about it and they've had a goat running at about 700-750 rwhp after complete installation. Comes with the heafty price tag of around $40k though.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hear a rumor..... and remember this is a RUMOR, that there is a 1000rwhp GTO in existence..... the motor was dynoed, but once installed, the drivetrain (tranny and rear end :rolleyes: ) won't hold up! (GO FIGURE) :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
I can believe it. That supercharger link u put up said a 427 with forged everything and a charger....estimated 1000 rwhp tahhhts outrageous!! Found a site by the Brother of Pontiac GTO Drift Car Championship leader Rhys Millen......Performance parts!..481hp supercharger right at 5g's ....and a 600hp Twin Turbo for 8,000....Cool Toys for the GTO!...Give it a look :cheers http://www.rodmillenstore.com/products.aspx?car=gto&category=engine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts