Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got took to the cleaners. Be careful when buying things from this guy. Part Would not fit my GTO and I learned 140.00 lesson.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I needed ONE seat back for my 1967. Couldn't find an original metal one. Order a set of two because they wouldn't sell me one from OPGI, they do not fit. Too wide and mount slightly different. Called OPGI and they said they never had that problem before. I could send them back for a refund but return shipping is over $30. Guess I took it in he shorts on that deal. They also told me one kit of wind lace would fit which is 25 ft. I told them I needed 30 feet. Now I have to order another kit. I am not happy with OPGI and will look elsewhere for other needs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Watch out for the guys claiming parts are "NOS" on E-bay. They seem to think that a reproduction part is NOS. Several of them show a part sitting on a GM package, but you read the fine print and it says "box not included", so you know they are selling a repop part. I try real hard to keep my GTO built in America. I've only had one time that I couldn't get a refund from a seller on E-bay, and luckily for me it was $14.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Old goat you have it right. I have pulled at least 10 parts the PO put on that were stamped made in china. And from the paper work I got with the car alot of them were from ebay. Being from a UAW family keep your car American

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
If you pay by CC you are in control of the situation. Not happy put it in dispute.
Pay Pal? NEVER use your bank account, ALWAYS transact with a CC. Your CC card company will go to bat for you. They'll put the screws to the vendor.

·
Registered
40 Posts
:agree with old-goat. A lot of Epay sellers are clueless knuckleheads. I'll get a few NOS/original parts online that you can't fake, but best is attending an all Pontiac swap meet. You can see what you are getting.
I'd rather buy an original GM part with a few visible flaws than a perfect looking, crappily made Chinese knock off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts