Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I stopped in the Mustang forum the other day to BS and was banned because I have a GTO. Seriously those guys actually think a stock GT will weld the doors on a GTO. I had many brats think I was 15 or something. Goes to show most Mustangs are driven by little kids, probably their first car from daddy. :rolleyes:

I was very disappointed to learn that only one or two children could even carry on a decent conversation in the forum. They were sssssssssooooooooooo offended that I had a GTO they banned me 4X. :confused :confused (I just signed up again and again to reply, couldn't believe they can't even debate.)

In my best opinion, I believe now due to my experience in that backyard shadetree mechanic forum, many of those drivers don't have a clue. I noticed many were making the most idiototic claims I had ever witnessed. If you really want to piss people off, just go to the Mustang forum and mention a GTO. My son bought a Saleen with a turned bearing. We rebuilt the car with a stoker 331 motor and added a bottle. (The car hauls ass no dout but he drives it maybe once a month.) Those idiots in the Mustang forum couldn't even accept the fact that we had a GTO and a Mustang.

I am so glad we have decent people in this forum. If I had to rely on the Mustang forum, I would be so full of BS my eyes would turn brown. :willy:

One thing I noticed in the forum, they claim a stock GT will weld a GTO. :eek: (Notice I said WELD, not just blow), I couldn't find any threads on a real dual. One guy stated "I jumped on a GTO in my Saleen and he stuck to me like glue" and another one said "you can't drive". I don't dout that many times driver skill plays a role but they were seriously offended when I discussed leaving these stock Mustangs in the wilderness.

One thing is for sure, if you really want to know what they think, drop in at http://www.mustangforums.com/ and just soak up the lies and BS. Every single Mustang has to be modified to even compete. (Is it me or am I just seeing things?) :lol:

I would hope that each one of you will at least give them some hell. :shutme They are the most immature people I've met in any forum. I went round and round just trying to debate and got tossed 4X.

Blowing their doors in one thing but jumping into that forum is another. I felt more whipped by that than the last Cobra my stock GOAT got pissed at. :mad:

Go ahead, make their day!!!:lol:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just posted this on the Dyno Tune Topic:

N/A: 377 rwhp, 376 rwtq. 150 Shot: 525 rwhp, 527 rwtq.
1/4 in 11.92 @ 119

05 QuickSilver GTO, LPE CIA, SLP LT's, MagnaFlo Cat-Back, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BRM Drag Bags, BMR 1 piece 3.5" aluminium Drive Shaft, NOS 150 Shot, FJO Racing 2-Stage Progressive Controller, LS2-Edit Tune...

Want to see what kind of response I get, hehehe. :cheers

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I posted this same reaction on LS1 and nearly got banned. Seems the Government is overriding everything. Not trying to start a war, just tired of the BS.:lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
i cannot blame then for their firey reply. if they did this to us the responce would be the same. i would like to see all the american muscle cars band together aganist the ricers. they are the bad guys. they are killing the american car market, making fools of us all. i love my gto and would not trade it for anyother car. i do think we need to stop infighting and look at the real problem for a change, the ricers!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just posted this on the Dyno Tune Topic:

N/A: 377 rwhp, 376 rwtq. 150 Shot: 525 rwhp, 527 rwtq.
1/4 in 11.92 @ 119

05 QuickSilver GTO, LPE CIA, SLP LT's, MagnaFlo Cat-Back, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BRM Drag Bags, BMR 1 piece 3.5" aluminium Drive Shaft, NOS 150 Shot, FJO Racing 2-Stage Progressive Controller, LS2-Edit Tune...

Want to see what kind of response I get, hehehe. :cheers
Excellent, let us know their reaction. They don't seem to have any intelligent answers.:D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i cannot blame then for their firey reply. if they did this to us the responce would be the same. i would like to see all the american muscle cars band together aganist the ricers. they are the bad guys. they are killing the american car market, making fools of us all. i love my gto and would not trade it for anyother car. i do think we need to stop infighting and look at the real problem for a change, the ricers!
Good point, they called me a ricer. All I wanted was conversation, they acted like they were 15 and had a learners permit.:cool

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Best to leave them alone as they're clearly in denial.
I agree, even the guys over at LS1 dont want to touch it. No offense, don't really understand....:willy:

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Ya know.........I could not resist signing up on that board and saying hello. Just a mere hello has them in an uproar. Here is what I wrote ..........
Hi all from .....JUDGE - 12/5/2006 3:10:04 PM
No New Messages
GTO JUDGE
Status: online HI All...... Thought I'd say hello to all you muscle car fans

hammeron
5th Gear Member
Status: online you should have gotten the mustang, much better car and
women throw their panties at you as you drive by

and my response ::
GTO JUDGE
Status: online hmmmmm, I didn't sign on here to get in to a pissin contest with anyone. I did cause I like Mustangs as well. But since you shot the first volley, I will say ......
The Mustang is not a better car, and the reason women throw their panites at you as you drive by is cause maybe you are butt ugly and this is their way of douche bagging you?

If I had a dime for every woman I gave a ride to in the goat, I'd own this board.

2005 GTO
Quicksilver / Black / M6

I am waiting to see how long I last. :willy: :willy: :willy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
255 Posts
The imidiate response was "When you blow up you engine, let us know, and post pictures". I have a real conservative nitrous tune, pulled out timing on the top end and fattened it up a bit. A/F was 11.5-12 range, all other specs looked good too. I don't see that happening any time soon. And I only use the juice at the track. I'm 43, not a street racer by any means, just like to have fun...

·
Registered
255 Posts
and my response ::
GTO JUDGE
Status: online hmmmmm, I didn't sign on here to get in to a pissin contest with anyone. I did cause I like Mustangs as well. But since you shot the first volley, I will say ......
The Mustang is not a better car, and the reason women throw their panites at you as you drive by is cause maybe you are butt ugly and this is their way of douche bagging you?

If I had a dime for every woman I gave a ride to in the goat, I'd own this board.

Now that is funny...:cheers

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I love the 03-04 Cobra. I joke about them, but they really are a serious car. I owned a Countour SVT. I also joined SVTforum. When I bought my Camaro and got rid of the Contour, I kinda drifted away. I'd check in from time to time and tried to stay friendly. They always gave me a hard time about how much better a Cobra was than a Camaro. I took it because I was on their forum. I like the F-body better, but that is a debatable topic as to which is better.

I got banned recently because I made this statement.

" A stock C6 is superior to a stock Shelby GT500 in every performance catagory and for less money. It's a shame that Ford didn't build the Shelby we deserved. It should have been 500lbs lighter. Had an aluminum block and dry sump. They should have put a carbon fiber hood, trunk and roof on it. It should be a 2 seater and most of the insulation should be stripped from it and the spare replaced with a fix a flat kit and a compressor like the Z06. It should have an IRS and it should have lighter suspension components. The doors should have been composite.
There is no reason Ford couldn't have done this for an extra $10,000, so the dealers would have only gotten 10k over msrp instead of 20k. Ford has sold us short and as such we should protest by not buying the fat pig called Shelby. That car is a digrace to SVT. You can sure tell Coletti is gone and Ford performance with him. "

That post got me banned.

For those of you that don't know, I had almost put a deposit on a GT500 at 15,000 over sticker. Once I got the details I realized the mistake.

The Ford forums are way too sensitive. I think of all the Mustangers that have trolled and left here. There have been some really nice guys, but the majority are..... well you know. It takes 20-30 insulting posts before they get banned. We are definately more civalized here. We are definately not in denial to the fact that the GTO, C6, Dodge Dakota pick-ups and all cars are basically not perfect. As long as you are civilized and not personally attacking you should be tolerated and encouraged.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I have attempted racing numerous mustangs at lights. I Have only had one give it a try, TRY. If I put myself into a mustang owners head and new deep down that a car was supperior to my own, I would try to think of the positive aspects of my car. It would be that girls like them. I would say most girls like them because they don't know much about cars. I don't know how much a girl would like a mustang when she's riding with her 16 year old cocky boyfriend, and proceeds to get his doors blown off buy a GTO. I see far more women driving mustangs then men.

·
Registered
345 Posts

If any mustang driver came here talking like that the members here would simply throw a slew of statistics and well educated responses as well as some attitude right back, not ban anyone. Other than that :cheers to the rest of your statement.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Funny thread. I posted on the Lancer Evolution forums that I got a GTO and the responses I got were unbelieveable... pretty much
"Great car, awesome buy"
"LS2s are one hell of a motor, have fun"
Not ONE person said "Oh V8s suck!"

I used to be on SVT performance as well when I had my Cobra, and they all seem to be pretty kosher about GM cars. I guess it really depends on the forum. When it comes to Mustang GTs, I can smoke them in my car, as well as my mom's car, haha. Here's our garage:

One time I pulled up next to a Mustang GT driving my mom's Subaru and the kids look over at a stoplight and ask if I wanna race. It was 2 high school jock lookin guys with their GFs in the back seat. I said "You're in a Mustang with a v8, I'm in a Subaru sedan! It wouldn't be much of a race!" (Knowing the true potential of the Legacy GT (14.00 @ 100)) The kids/gfs laughed at me and the kid said "Well let's do it for fun". The best part was, after I beat them by 5 cars on the launch, I pulled up next to them again, and they wouldn't even look at me. Mustang GTs will never learn.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The imidiate response was "When you blow up you engine, let us know, and post pictures". I have a real conservative nitrous tune, pulled out timing on the top end and fattened it up a bit. A/F was 11.5-12 range, all other specs looked good too. I don't see that happening any time soon. And I only use the juice at the track. I'm 43, not a street racer by any means, just like to have fun...

I'd like to see the day a 150 shot will blow up your LS1. I've seen guys running 600hp turbo kits on bone stock LS1s, and beating the piss outta em. They're just used to their 2Vs blowing the hell up.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I posted this same reaction on LS1 and nearly got banned. Seems the Government is overriding everything. Not trying to start a war, just tired of the BS.:lol:
Guess the mods over there don't want a bunch of idiot Mustang owners showing up, spouting junk, getting every flaming each other -- which would require a lot of banning people, closing and deleting threads, etc.

·
Registered
454 Posts
the Joe Racer Mustang crowd is very very jealous of the GTO,I don't know why,If they wanted a fast car they could have bought a GTO but they wanted a "COOL" car so they bought a Mustang like all the other sheep
its not our fault that the Mustang is only a mere 300hp and has a cheapo interior....but just think a Mustang owner can look just as cool as the 17 year old girl down the street who also owns one!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts