Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
I drove Fbods (Z28 & SS) for thirteen years and tried everyone's Z rated rubba

KDWS we among the worst and I don't care for them on the GTO

This Cooper tire was the last set on my 02 SS, and even though it's only "W" rated, it was better than several Z rated I had, and I'll be putting a set on the GTO next.

https://www.tiresavings.com/tireShop.php?action=findMan2&tirename=ZEON+2XS&season=Regular

Grip, Road Noise, Wet Traction all excellent from experience

·
Registered
11 Posts
westell said:
I drove Fbods (Z28 & SS) for thirteen years and tried everyone's Z rated rubba

KDWS we among the worst and I don't care for them on the GTO

This Cooper tire was the last set on my 02 SS, and even though it's only "W" rated, it was better than several Z rated I had, and I'll be putting a set on the GTO next.

https://www.tiresavings.com/tireShop.php?action=findMan2&tirename=ZEON+2XS&season=Regular

Grip, Road Noise, Wet Traction all excellent from experience
"W" is a Z rated tire. "W" is just a sub category of the Z rating.

·
Registered
674 Posts
The 245/50 blizzak LM-22s on the car now feel better than the KDWs.

When I bought my 93 Z28 it had the chrome 17" vette rims with 175 TAs. with the SLP level II suspension and the Doug Rippie revalved Bilsteins the ride was terrible, and the handling was twitchy. I sold the chrome wheels on eBay and bought a set of firebird take offs from SLP with `245 goodyear GAs. The handling became neutral, the ride was much better (i know 16 vs 17).

I am no fan of goodyear, but i think they are better than the KDWs on the GTO.

We have to see what Groucho puts on his car with his new long commute, and how much better they are.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Tom said:
I am no fan of goodyear, but i think they are better than the KDWs on the GTO.

We have to see what Groucho puts on his car with his new long commute, and how much better they are.
I agree on goodyears better, but not by too much, they wore quickly and i had 4 of 8 go bad at seperate times.

I think Groucho is making a Sand Rail out of his goat :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.