Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with my brother that lives in Pittsburgh. (02' Sable and 01' Avalon) He told me that 3 Toyota dealers in Pittsburgh are offering large discounts. GM sized discounts. One had Camry's at $6000 off of list, one had $5500 off on all Camry's and the third was around the same discount.

Down here in Florida they are doing triple rebates on Toyotas.

It seems like Toyota is going for market share and saying to **LL with profits. That is exactly the same path GM took. 3 years from now there will be a glut of Toyotas on the road and resales will start to drop. :willy:

By the way Ford's sales are in the tank this month. Seems GM's employee pricing is not hurting most of the others, but really stealing Ford's sales.

A customer of my brothers sells 150 new Fords a month. As of yesterday they had 15 new cars on the road. The owner had been to a Ford function where a VP of marketing told dealership principles that Ford would not come out with a response to GM's pricing. That would only start a bloody price war and that both would lose.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Gee, I thought the mustang was all the shiz-nitz :lol: . Not enough to save ford, I quess. This goes against what Toyota said a few weeks ago about raising prices in fear of sanctions.

REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR, BUY AMERICAN or Australian :D

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Toyota is indeed going all out for global market share. The company's mantra is "Global 15" for 15% share of all cars sold worldwide. Some insiders fear that it will ultimately come at the expense of worn out employees, PO'd suppliers -- and a drop off in quality.

As for Ford, although the Mustang is indeed a really hot selling passenger car -- it means nothing because their sales are all driven by trucks and SUVs. In fact, even the Escape's sales fell by 10% last month -- and that's for a car-based product that gets pretty decent gas mileage.

GM's in the same boat -- and things are only going to get worse because oil's headed for the moon.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Everyone is talking about Toyota being the big SH1T this year, hell they are in as much trouble as GM and FORD. Sure they may be able to take 15% of market but the market is 25% behind were it was last year, they can discount all they want, I still wont buy one. They have the cheepest paint on the market, that crap almost falls off the cars, I know I deal with it on a regular basis.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Braman'sGTO said:
Everyone is talking about Toyota being the big SH1T this year, hell they are in as much trouble as GM and FORD. Sure they may be able to take 15% of market but the market is 25% behind were it was last year, they can discount all they want, I still wont buy one. They have the cheepest paint on the market, that crap almost falls off the cars, I know I deal with it on a regular basis.
Cheaper paint then the GTO? Thats hard to believe.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
b_a_betterperson said:
Toyota is indeed going all out for global market share. The company's mantra is "Global 15" for 15% share of all cars sold worldwide. Some insiders fear that it will ultimately come at the expense of worn out employees, PO'd suppliers -- and a drop off in quality.

As for Ford, although the Mustang is indeed a really hot selling passenger car -- it means nothing because their sales are all driven by trucks and SUVs. In fact, even the Escape's sales fell by 10% last month -- and that's for a car-based product that gets pretty decent gas mileage.

GM's in the same boat -- and things are only going to get worse because oil's headed for the moon.
I would agree with the insiders. This is the exact path that GM has followed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
djdub said:
Cheaper paint then the GTO? Thats hard to believe.
I can tell you based off of other makes and modles the GTO has some damn good paint, however I would definetly still recommend one of the first things you do is have some 3M Paint Protection Film put on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts