Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About six months ago I reached the summit of this restoration and started the downhill slide, finally turning the bolts, nuts and screws clockwise. Tonight I moved the jack stands from the frame where they have been for the last three years to the rear end and front control arms. I have done a few cars and trucks before, but this car is my first love. She has been through at least a dozen girlfriends, and now my wife(she totally gets what I am doing, so she is a keeper :). I also started the part I love the most, runnin wires! Got my ignition box, coil and dizzy wired tonight. I think I will have it running and cam break in by Thankgiving. I left the brakes unfinished on purpose so I wouldn't drive it and get in trouble (neighbor is an A$$h*l#, would call the fuzz with a quickness)! I don't like to toot my own horn, but TOOT TOOT TOOT!! Pictures coming :D:D:D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some pictures I took today. Frame, firewall and suspension were stripped and painted with POR-15. Check out the reflection of the valve cover on the smoothed passenger firewall. weekend 003.JPG

weekend 004.JPG

weekend 007.JPG

weekend 008.JPG

weekend 015.JPG

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And a few more. The rollbar is an old school gasser three point, that I am relocating the rear down bar so I can use the back seat. I am mounting the coil, ignition box, relay and circuit breakers under the dash to keep the underhood clean and uncluttered. weekend 012.JPG

weekend 011.JPG

weekend 010.JPG

weekend 013.JPG

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's all good, the instructions say it can be mounted in any direction. Just not on the engine. I had to look it up, you had me worried. This is what the local roundy-roundy racers do, but they run two seperate ingnition systems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
NICE!!! What front end part products did you go with? I see you have air bags. I'm currently rebuilding my front end but I dont have the budget to go high end. Once again nice work!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used a PST master kit. It came with inner and outer tie rods, steering idler, upper and lower ball joints, sway bar end links and polygraphite upper and lower arm bushings. The upper and lower arms are stock, just blasted and painted with POR-15. The center link is from Ames( I think). The tie rod adjusters are from Edelbrock, I took the stickers off and put a little shine on em. The red polygraphite boots are from energy suspension. I didn't like the paint, or lack there of on the steering parts, so I soda blasted them and painted them with gloss black high temp engine paint. The springs are a set of lowering springs, can't remember from where. They were blasted and painted with Eastwoods ti-coat from a rattle can. The front Hotchkis sway bar is the only part I didn't repaint.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts