Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had nine inches of snow last night so I had 4 Blizzak WS-50's mounted on the stock 17" wheels.

I know, I know, not exactly Groucho's Hotchkiss & Koni upgrade. But, for those of us in the snow belt Blizzaks make the GTO reasonably capable in snow and ice. You can go, stop, and turn with little difficulty. The control is great. A little wheel, a little throttle and you just slide around turns with hardly any effort and total control.

I expected a radical difference in handling with a squishy snow compound in the tires as I've noticed a big difference in other cars with Blizzaks.

Anyway, there isn't much change in the GTO. It could simply be that these Blizzaks are a lot wider than the one's I ran on my Volvo so tread squirm isn't as noticible. But it's making me wonder if the stock tires weren't that great to begin with.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about!!!!

God its good to live in a rain only state.

Well rain and huricanes.

rain, hurricanes, lightning

rain, hurricanes, lightning, floods, musquitos......ah hell...we get everything but snow.

so i renig my original statement.

"It's good to live in a non-snow state"

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
dealernut said:
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about!!!!

God its good to live in a rain only state.

Well rain and huricanes.

rain, hurricanes, lightning

rain, hurricanes, lightning, floods, musquitos......ah hell...we get everything but snow.

so i renig my original statement.

"It's good to live in a non-snow state"
I agree, it's only snowed where I live 3 times in the last 12 years and none of it was more than 2 inches. :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Texas may be hotter the hell in the summer, but where else can you go to the track year round...

·
Registered
700 Posts
I don't know about the rest of y'all, but i would MUCH rather it is cold outside than hot. After all, you can always ADD more clothing, but you can't run around naked in the summertime when it's 100 degrees with 90% humidity. It's gonna be miserable even if you COULD.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I would have no problem whatsoever with the two chicks on your icon getting naked, no matter WHAT the weather. ;)

·
Registered
700 Posts
I saw the picture, but I didn't know anything about a MOVIE!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.